Alex Smith visits Dolphins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why? Condon represents his client and wants to get him the best deal. Besides Condon gets more money this way.

2. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Yeah I have a source...does that mean he's gonna be right for sure? NO...I said "likely"...the Smith thing was just my opinion

Calm down bro

3. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I think Smith is just retaliating against the 49ers. He should be angry at them. He got them to the NFC championships last season and now they're snubbing him. I think the 49ers end up without Smith or Peyton and end up starting Kaepernick.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I would be so happy if Alex smith dicked the 49ers and manning didn't sign either lol.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Although a Smith signing in Miami would scare me....at $8 million a year Manning or No Manning he's not turning that down.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

didn't you just post an hour ago that your "source" told you peyton would sign with Tennessee tomorrow?

Some source..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

My source said to Titans is likely...MY own thought is that after looking at the Smith Dolphins situation I see it differently

Not that hard to comprehend

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yeah, that your lieing. :sad2:

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ lieing!!!!

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Hmm A lot of 49er what if we dont get Manning talk going around:

[
    SI.com's Peter King believes the 49ers could make a play for restricted free agent Mike Wallace if they fail to sign free agents Peyton Manning and Alex Smith.

Whiffing on Manning and Smith would force the 49ers to go with Colin Kaepernick or a low-level free agent at quarterback, but would free up the roughly $8 million per season it would take to sign Wallace. San Francisco would also have to send Pittsburgh its 30th pick if it signed Wallace to an offer the Steelers couldn't match. King calls the scenario a "longshot," but adding a player of Wallace's caliber always makes sense on paper.
    Related: 49ers
    Source: Sports Illustrated
    ]

[
    SI's Peter King believes the 49ers could sign free agent Josh Johnson as a "bridge" to Colin Kaepernick if they fail to sign free agents Peyton Manning and Alex Smith.
    The Bucs' backup the past three seasons, Johnson played for Niners coach Jim Harbaugh at the University of San Diego. Johnson has not posted good numbers in the NFL, completing 96-of-177 passes for 1,042 yards, five touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his familiarity with Harbaugh would certainly make him an option for the 49ers. Johnson has not been formally connected to any teams since the beginning of free agency.
    Related: 49ers
    Source: Sports Illustrated
    ]

[
    CSN Bay Area doesn't believe the 49ers would "panic at the thought" of giving QB Colin Kaepernick a chance to win the starting job in training camp.
    However, it's almost certain Kaepernick would face veteran competition if the 49ers don't sign Peyton Manning and lose Alex Smith to free agency. SI.com's Peter King has floated Josh Johnson as a possibility, while San Francisco would surely look into Matt Hasselbeck if Manning ends up in Tennessee. If Kaepernick starts in 2012, it's unlikely to be all 16 games.
    Source: CSN Bay Area
    ]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar