Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I figured Jake Locker had a few threads, so Akeem Ayers deserves one as well.

My favorite quote from the conference call he did with the Titans:

I'm glad he's pissed off he didn't go Rd1, that will make him work harder and harder and harder. Ayers also said his greatest strength is covering with man and zone - we could use some of that! Here's the link for the conf. call: http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...nce-Call/11dbf219-696e-42d6-a4f1-c20b4d92cba5

Also here's an article on the Titans management and Ayers:
    http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...of-Ayers/80f823eb-ddf8-47d5-bed6-706c09b1bd99

And finally Ayers draftscout profile:http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=68456&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB

Personally, I'm a little worried about Ayers speed. But after watching some youtube clips, he looks to have good field speed. I'm also worried about his tackling strength, I don't see any huge hits, mostly just light tackles - that doesn't fly in the NFL. Need's to add strength. I'm excited to see how Gray will use Ayers, I guess he said he'll use him as a hybrid type of OLB. Overall I'm excited about Ayers! :D I'm guessing our LB depth chart is now: Ayers - Witherspoon - McRath?

2. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

A LB that's strong in coverage? Sounds good to me!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm was honestly surprised he fell to us, but glad he did. Truthfully, I never expedited us to have a shot at him so I've never until now expressed much thought on him. Thrilled with our draft thus far.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think we still need to resign Tully. Now that we have a guy that can stay on the field for third downs we can afford to have him in the middle of our LB core. I think that we should have Witherspoon and McGrath compete for the last spot.

Ayers/Tulloch/(McGrath/Witherspoon)

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think us re-signing Tulloch has anything to do with Tullochs play. I think Tulloch wants $$$, something the Titans won't give. That's just my assumption, no real proof.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Some of the game tape I've watched on him makes him look really weak. Though that's a pretty limited sample size. His combine speed is off as he ran ~4.7 on both of his pro days which is pretty good for a 255lb guy.

I'm okay with the pick personally, it was pretty safe. To me, it was between him Austin and Bowers. The Titans filled the DT slot in the 3rd so overall I'm happy with the picks so far. QB + Defense were our biggest needs and we seem to have helped there.

Hopefully with a non-Cecil scheme our current roster oon defense can step it up a bit from last year along with Morgan + the new picks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He is no better than McGrath in my opinion.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

I highly doubt Ayers is ready to start this year. He's not NFL ready.

Curran has a better shot at taking that 3rd spot if one of our current 3 leave.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like Ayers but I'm a little worried about his tackling and speed.

10. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

Tulloch is history

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar