Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

AH: "Had I known I might have signed elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Creeping-Cruds, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    :yes:

I won't get into his off-the-field issues but the guy has never shown me to be anyone motivated by anything except money.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,319
    I don't really miss AH as a Titan, but I do recognize his talent.

I don't really care whether he does well or not, unless he is against the Titans in which case I hope he sucks.

I am surprised by how many here are convinced he is just going to suck the rest of his career and never do well. I started that poll asking if people thought he would have more pro-bowl years, or only when his contract is up, or never. Very few voted that he would have more pro-bowl years outside of a contract year.

I tend to think he will have more pro-bowl years and will still have very productive good seasons, and not only during contract years. But I think its entirely possible he loafs around has no more good years.

I tend to buy into what he said about wanting to have a legacy in the NFL that outshines the "face stomp" and other off the field anger things, but maybe he was just saying that to get his payday.

Either way, I am just intrigued to see how this play out. I don't automatically think he'll flat out suck as a DE in a 3-4. I'm just curious to see how it turns out, if the OLB behind him really benefits, or if he's just totally lost in the spot.

It'll be crazy if he demands a trade or whatever, I can't imagine he would give money back to buyout his contract.

Regardless, I'm mildly interested to see what happens as I am with any "good" NFL player.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    I'd be willing to bet one of Bud's over-priced Coronas he doesn't sniff All-Pro status between now and the end of the 2013 season.
  1. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,412
    Well, he didnt make the pro-bowl coming off his most hyped season ever... and a monster contract that demanded attention to his name... so I wouldn't be surprised if he never sees one again.
    He's not getting any younger. And he rarely tries.

The Redskins defense got a lot worse once he arrived...
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    Can you imagine if Wycheck went off on a current player like that here?
  3. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    ^ Wychek's words could get someone run out of town......reading the comments below the article, sounds like LaVar was known as a Diva during his days there.

BTW.....if you guys click Jeff's link, don't just read the article, listen to the radio interview itself. LaVar was on a passionate roll. Great entertainment.
  4. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,750
    This guy shoulda never left......

Thing is i know why he is not happy about the 3-4; in that system really lineman's stats get deflated HARD, something tells me he doesn't want that.

Also, those nose tackles are usually shorter and bigger (relatively - ie Kris Jenkins) then AL and serve really to push the pocket. Only some of his strengths lie there, a lot of his sacks were ironically speed moves (pretty good for a bigger guy)...and he wont be able to do that when lined up against a Center and probably 2 Guards....

By rushing four, it forced Washburn to be creative with stunts involving Big Al and KVB...in a 3-4 there wont be any of that either.

Finally, he played alongside another pro-bowl caliber DT (Tony) and DE (KVB), which now we can see played a huge role in his success (mainly beside Tony help with double teams).
  5. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,726
    Wonder if the redskins would have paid 100 million dollars had they known he was going to eat 500 big macs and play at 365?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.