After Collins is gone what will the Titans do?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dub-v-titansfan, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think VY will be the starter for the Titans after KFC. Unless he demands a trade or retires. Then I think Simms has a shot, if he's even brought back this year.
  2. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Cutler wouldn't sign here because he knows he would suck here.

He'd come out looking like Collins and Young when he already knows he can do better.
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

We'd have to pick Freeman in the first. No way he lasts to the 3rd. And, we're not going to draft a QB high this year since we just signed Collins and have VY and his contract for a couple more years.
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Idk, I've seen some mocks having him go as low as the 5th, and some having him go as high as the top 15.

I don't see how we can keep a backup making the money that Vince young is making and resign simms for the next 2 years. We're either going to have to let Simms walk or cut vince.
  6. josh freeman is not the answer. we have a better josh freeman sitting on the bench right now
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

We've already paid Vince. He's the guy, unfortunately.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah I agree. Collins will go for as long as he can whether that's injury, skills or contract then VY will be given another chance. Seems that's the way it should be.
  9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You mean Chris Simms? No, you can't mean Simms because he is white and Freeman is black - so those two aren't comparable. You must mean VY since he's also black, even though their style is not comparable.:rolleyes: Nice try though.
  10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Trade Collins and a 3rd rounder to Denver for Cutler. Re sign Simms. Trade VY to Detroit, NYJets, Seattle or MN for picks. Problem fix.t.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.