AFC South Rankings: QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 30, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: P. Manning

82.8%
  2. Jaguars: D. Garrard

1.7%
  3. Texans: M. Schaub

5.2%
  4. Titans: V. Young

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like to talk down to the "special" people that visit the board. Once you leave I'll return back to normal.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

wrong.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Please, leave your ignorance at the door.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

he can't

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yo gunny, you are not confusing 2002 with 2003 are you? In 2003 mcnair was basically healthy until he hurt his ankle late in the year. It was 2002 when he had numerous injuries and played through them.

Just a little factual help..

6. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Without getting into the should he or shouldn't he have won MVP that year, McNair was a heck of a QB. To this day I think it was a bad mistake for the Titans not to let him mentor VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Although McNair was always honerable for being able to play with and through injury IMO his inability to walk from the dressing room to the field without hurting himself was a negative in his career. If I remember right Mac did miss a number of practices in 2003 and played some games without practicing all week.

McNair was tough for sure but if he played about any other position besides QB his career would have been short and a failure do to injury IMO. In some ways he was like Chris Brown except he played a position that allowed him to play effectively with some of his injuries. I hope VY doesn't suffer the same fate. Although he didn't miss much time last eyar his injury obviously reduced his effectiveness and it will be interesting to see if his injury was a fluke or if VY will have various injuries down the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar