AFC Playoff Game Against Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bubba titan, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly... I say its about time we stop focusing on our injured backup and start focusing on our starter

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Any game where the offense scores less then 20 points and we lose can pretty much be considered slightly Vince's fault. Its his responsibility to lead us to the end zone on every drive, he's the first (for all practical purposes) person to touch the ball on every offensive play. He may not have 'lost the game' for us per say but not contributing to a victory isn't too much better then losing it for your team. Not to mention adding pressure to the best part of your team (defense) by turning the ball over on a consistent basis.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This story seems false.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Collins isn't our franchise QB.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I agree. He would have looked like a genius now if he had reported it before, so why wait? And then mention it later when the story leaks out.

Besides, you can't hide anything from the Internet anymore. I mean we all knew about Chad Johnson taking a swing at Marvin Lewis a few days after it happened. People are going to talk, and you can't hide anything.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Did anyone hear Chris Mortenson on the radio this morning? When asked what he thought about VY wanting to quit during the SD Playoff game he said the people he's talked to say it didn't happen.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Based on your criteria i'll give you the list of losses that match your criteria and you be the judge of how big a role vy played in the loss:

Tampa bay lost 13-10: VY got injured in the

Jacksonville lost 28-13: Vy had over 300 yards of offense and our rbs had 11 carries for 10 yards, hard to score 28 on jacksonville with 10 yards rushing.

Cincinnati lost 35-6: Giving up 35 can't really blame our offense.

San Diego lost 23-17 in ot: Fisher ball at its finest. Vince played bad in this game but we let up 2 tds essentially in the 4th quarter and Vince did not even get to throw the ball in the 4th.

Playoffs lost to san diego 17-6: Vince didn't play good this game but first half he played solid. I still think the biggest play of the game was brown's fumble inside the 10.

So just let me know how many of those you think were winnable games.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well theoretically every game is winnable. We got mopped by Cincinnati last year and that is largely because we couldn't put points on the board and couldn't stop them from looking the way Cincinnati really ought to look with their passing offense. Our pass defense essentially lost that TB game on their final drive but nevertheless, we held them to 13 and lost. If you hold a team to 13 points and lose then thats an offense problem, not a defense problem. Both SD games could have been won if our offense could put some damn points on the board.
    You just gave me a list of games and told me to judge how big of a role the QB played in losing them. I averaged up our scores for those five games and it came to 10.4 ppg. We also had a total of 10 offensive turn overs in those five games. So yeah, if Vince would start throwing TDs instead of INTs then I say we win all of those games except the Bengals

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You have this whole QB thing wrong. :lol:
    Top five overall draft pick QBs should find ways to make us win when we have a below average team rather than NOT being the reason we lose when we have a good team.

Compare Vince of 2006, to Vince of 2007 and you'll find the answer to your question.

At this point, i might be willing to accept to trade VY for almost any other starting QB in the league.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

So if we had tom brady as our qb you believe we would have went 16-0 last year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar