AFC Playoff Game Against Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bubba titan, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba titan

bubba titan Camp Fodder

Anyone else read this: www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sport...dly_wanted_out_of_last_seasons_wild_card_game

I've kept quiet on this whole thing because I really want to see Vince win. I met him a few years ago at APSU and he was a class act. He definitely made an impression on me.

If Vince really did try to take himself out of the Chargers game (without injury and the Titans winning), then it is hard for me to imagine a universe when I am ever cheering for him again. Absolutely inexcusable.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He seems more and more like a basket-case. But I blame those longhorn fans for acting like he was something he wasn't. He's a victim of the hype machine.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Comments (2)
    1. L'etat, c'est moi | Monday, September 15, 2008, 8:25 pm
    He should ease the tension with a nice dogfight.

That was a comment on that page, fcking hilarious. Really though, if this is true then that is absurd, 1. because VY really needs some help with areas of his life that may be more important then football (dare I say) and 2 because an actual team therapist is spilling information about VY that was no doubt gathered in a private, confidential session with Vince. Where the hell is that persons sense of professionalism or respect for their career? That, to me, is far more alarming then anything concerning Vince. VY has more pressure on him then most people ever will and he's constantly in the public eye, I could understand a 25 year old having difficulties dealing with such issues. That being said, if he's not performing then bench his a$s, I feel for him as a person, but sympathy isn't a good enough reason for me to want him taking snaps and throwing picks...

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

For Fisher to bench his starting QB, I'm betting that these reports of Vince trying to pull himself out of games are legit. Fisher doesn't yank starting players for any reason - much less such a high profile #3 draft pick. I have no idea what to think at this point, but Vince has to prove a lot before his teammates, coaches or fans will trust him behind center again. I hate to say it but I'm really glad we snagged Simms off the street - I'd rather a VY playing to his potential, but if that never happens Simms could get a nice 2nd chance here.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's a troublesome story. I hope it's either not true, or he can use this situation to get himself put back together. It's now or never.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I keep going back to Haynesworth and how he was a raw talent who underachieved, played poor technique, wasn't dedicated, did some stupid things, etc.

The light came on for him while he was suspended. The guy finally got it but it took some dramatic stuff to happen first. Maybe this does the same for Young.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Maybe he just doesn't deal well with winter... you know, how people suffer from having less daylight that time of year? Get that man some vitamin c!

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

or some lithium.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

or a new therapist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar