Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Afalava

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Oct 21, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. titans backbone Rookie

Moolah:
    $463
    guys he didn't wrap up but his first hit definitely set the tone, actually if you watch the play in which spiller took the hit and kept going..you are going to notice how spiller looks up, waits a bit and prepares for the hit (that means he was giving AL his due respect) ..He actually cared for the guy lining up in front of him coming at full speed, waited and gathered.. that on my book means "oh here he comes again" - - Love it.

Besides he didn't wrap but the hit killed spiller's momentum.

I'm all for giving him a shot at limited playing time. We need big plays, badly.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  2. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $261
    Our corners are playing safety anyway. We might as well just move AL up to linebacker depth.
    Psychop1 high fives this.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Run a 4-7 lolol
  4. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $261
    Ha ha...more like a 4-5. The Safeties aren't even in the game.
    Titan43 high fives this.
  5. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,832
    Did you see that TD saving tackle Griff made on Spiller on Sunday? I was shocked :shocked: I thought there was no way a Titan DB could make a play like that. He came out of nowhere and made a diving tackle. Did not get a lot of attention because Spiller still got like a 30 yard gain. Would have been a TD though were it not for that tackle.

Gray and Munch need to sit Griff down once a day, show him that clip and tell him "This Michael! This is what we need. More of this!"
    :wall:
    TitansWillWin2 and CJtheBeast high five this.
  6. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,483
    PPl dont realize but griffin tackled very well against the bills. But like JCBRAVE said if something goes wrong blame griffin lol
  7. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $379
    All of our guys need to learn how to wrap up. It seemed like so many times last week a player would lower their shoulder to deliver a hit, and either wiff, or the ball carrier would just bounce off and keep going for about 5 - 10 more yards (not refering to Afalava, his hits were awesome). What happened to breaking down, keeping your head/chest up and wrapping a player up to make a tackle?
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,832
    You want to teach proper tackling have them play rugby a bit. That is how I learned. Helped in football a lot. You can't go flying into people when you have no pads or helmet on. If you do you are almost assured a broken collar bone, seperated shoulder or concussion.
    TitansWillWin2 high fives this.
  9. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    What are these safties you speak of?
  10. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,485
    Safeties are these players on defense usually set back as far as 12 or so yards behind the line of scrimmage(but you'll find the sucky ones set way back). They sometimes save plays from becoming big gains for the offense, thus the name safeties.

You can tell ours by watching the other teams RB bounce off them.