Adams Wants Fisher to Remain Titans Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is your definition of a first time coach?

2. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

their FIRST time as a head coach....first time coach

they both have 39 wins... but i guess playoffs dont count now do they
    (its amazing how you leave off whatever it takes to make your arguement)
    its also funny you point this out when fisher had 12 years experience on mr.payton... thats no kind of advantage now is it?

you think the 49ers and raiders are as talented as the titans... wow you dont watch much football do you? sure there's plenty of new coaches not makin it either, you think swartz can turn the lions around in a year? youthink ANYBODY can fix the raiders with al davis around?

with all the crap that went on in denver id say most people were shocked they won as many as they did. we'll have to let that one play out i suppose

3. customtitan

one last point on this medicore thing and i'll drop it...
    its one thing to be mediocre your 1st couple years or every once in awhile (ups and downs happen) but to be a 16 year veteran coach that has 10 seasons of 8-8 or worse and hasnt won a playoff game in 6 years is something totally different....

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Glad to see Fisher return. You guys are hatin hard in Fish!

5. customtitan

wow...look up the word sarcasm.
    i was being sarcastic, fisher does have an advantage... im pointing out he does little good with it.

your too funny

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe 8-8 or 9-7 isn't that hard for some teams..

http://theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx

Check the strength of schedule difference between the titans and some of these other teams. The 49ers faced teams with a 46% win rate while we faced teams with an average win rate of almost 55%.

The saints achieved their 13-3 record with a damn weak schedule.

Give jeff fisher drew brees, roethlisberger, brady or Manning and his IQ will suddenly spike.

With vince young our winning percentage this year is 80%, last year with kerry Collins starting it was 86%. We went to the super bowl with a QB who had a passing rating of 79 in 99.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Mike Tomlin.

Just throwing the name out. Personally I support Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting that even with a 2000 yard rusher we only had 20 more rushing attempts than passing attempts all year. When jamal Lewis gained his 2000 yards in 03 the ravens ran the ball 137 times more than they threw the ball.

People complain that we didn't run enough screens but most of CJ's catches were screens.

Personality? I don't care.

Boring or exciting? I don't care.

Lendale not getting the carries? I don't care.

I want a team that wins games.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

RT, I thought you always stated Fisher was a mediocre and over rated coach in the past? I could be wrong...

I don't think he's a bad coach, just average, and I'd like to see another direction because I think he's climbed as high as he can here.
    Average coach's do win Superbowls, sometimes, I guess...

10. TM

TM Starter

I want a team that wins games too. But not just in the regular season. It's been 6 years since we won a playoff game. How many more years do we have to wait?

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar