Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Actors/Actresses whose movies you refuse to watch

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    Adam Sandler is no longer funny, that's for sure, but I really loved his 90s movies. I am partial to the 90s SNL stars because that's what I grew up with watching with my dad, and reminds me of good times, and honestly, that means a lot to a lot of people. That's why Elton John, Aerosmith, Billy Joel, etc. concerts still sell out. Nostalgia sells. Everybody wants to be reminded of a simpler time, and to me that time is Chris Farley movies, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

I would even be a Chris Kattan fan if he were still working. I loved Corky Romano.

One age is obsessed with the Bill Murray films and the Belushi films, while I find them generally unentertaining.

That being said, I won't pay a dime to see anything sandler's in anymore. Spanglish was awful. And Grown-ups was bad: simply a cash grab from the big names, with a total half-@ssed script, and very few real laughs. Just an overall lazy movie.

His last great one that I saw was The Wedding Singer, but I also was in the minority who enjoyed 8 crazy nights.
    1 people high five this.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,886
    Same... though it has been many years since I've seen it.

I went looking for the DVD about 4 years ago. Never could find a copy.
    1 people high five this.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,248
    haha I was talking to a girl about Corky Ramano tonight and admitted to liking it shamefully.

His spastic facial expressions and what-not are gold.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Never liked him and never found him funny.
    1 people high five this.
  4. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    Glad to see so many Romano fans!!! I say with pride that I loved it. It was on netflix instant for a while about a year ago.. alas, no longer.

It's a shame that he didn't get the same push as some of his counterparts. I guess he is just too "strange" and awkward to be a leading man in a lot of films, but he is funny.
  5. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,252
    Kinda like how everyone associated with Sportscenter is automatically wrong and you're right, huh. :brow:
    1 people high five this.
  6. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,252
    Plug in Tyrese Gibson and let's see how magical the directing is.

And on that note, I'm going to go watch Denzel be Denzel for 2 hours in The Book of Eli and enjoy every second of it. :)
  7. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Galifianakis is the new Ferrell - it's starting to become trendy to pucker one's lips, frown, and smugly announce his un-funniness. They're both pretty funny dudes to me. I enjoyed The Other Guys a lot.
  8. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    He was just plain not funny in Hangover 2, nor was any actor especially.
    In the first, he was a laugh riot, and he was funny in Dinner for Schmucks.

Galifianakis is one of those actors that has to have the straight-man. He won't ever be more than a co-headliner IMO.
  9. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,252
    He had to be the only highlight in the movie then 'cuz I was immediately put off by the trailer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.