Actors/Actresses whose movies you refuse to watch

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They might have indeed wanted him for Django Unleashed. Problem is, Idris signed up for Del Toro's alien/monster epic Pacific Rim.

The funny thing is, I think that the two actors should switch films. Clearly, Elba is a much, MUCH stronger actor, and could really use the exposure from a Tarentino project. Meanwhile, this is probably going to be Del Toro's biggest project in terms of what it's expected to garner as a blockbuster, and could use Foxx's star-power.

Oh well, both films will be excellent within their own genres.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I believe the role in Django Unleashed was offered to Will Smith and Elba before Foxx, so Tarantino agress with you, Cruds. I would have hated Smith in the role and would have been ecstatic had Elba been cast.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Ali was probably his second best role behind Ray, followed by Any Given Sunday.

It's a solid movie, very slow though so if you want to watch it, it'd best to watch it when you're wide awake.

You've seen Any Given Sunday, right? I thought he got snubbed because it was a sports movie.

Great Jamie scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMI0dF6dEAU

4. Fry

I have. I thought it was pretty decent, but it was also a little campy too. It could have been a great movie if it was made when Oliver Stone still had a functional brain.

5. GeronimoJackson

I agree it was only decent and could have been great, it was saved by some good performances and it had some really good moments...

Dinner Scene
    LT's speech in the sauna
    The Inches Speech

But overall the movie was just too silly and over the top, but that's Oliver Stone for ya, he tries too hard to be hip and someone needs to tell him, the less, the better. I'm not overly sensitive to male nudity in movies but common we didn't need that pen*s scene lol.

6. Fry

I think the inches speech is one of the most overrated things about that movie.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

So you're saying he once had a functional brain? I don't think that's the case at all; the guy is a hack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

Pshh, just because you wouldn't crawl and die for that inch. :brow:

9. Fry

JKF, Natural Born Killers, Platoon and Wall Street were great movies.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The only thing I can associate greatness and Stone together would be his screenplay for Midnight Express..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar