Rumor According to Twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tim, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If I were a coach or GM, during draft season I would end every sentence with the phrase "smokescreen" when talking about prospects ... just to mess with people.

reporter: "So Coach 43, what did think of MM's proday?"

Me: "I thought MM had a very good practice. Smokescreen. When we took him inside for our private workout, he was very bright in the classroom and showed good instincts on the field. Smokescreen. I think he has a ton of potential. Smoke screen"

Reporter: "Ok, well how do you feel about LW?"

Me: "We really like LW. Smoke screen. He is a very explosive player and could be considered the top player in this draft. Smoke screen. We think he could fit our D very nicely. Smoke screen"

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Mettenberger might as well be a rookie. He's no more of a sure thing than anyone in this draft. Zero wins in his career this far. I wouldn't want either for my QB with my job on the line. Plus the injury history.

In the short term, a trade for rivers is the surest way to keep your job. But his chances for success are slim, no matter what.

3. Tim

Tim Starter

It could be a smokescreen I'm just reporting what I read on Twitter. I was shocked because I really thought we were all in on Williams.

As far as Philip Rivers goes I could see that happening I mean Chris Mort is pretty credible

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Trading for Rivers would be ****ing asinine. He's already 33 years old and is in the last year of his contract.

We are nowhere near good enough to contend. He'll be 35 or 36 by the time we're worth a **** - and even then we may still suck and/or he may have signed somewhere else.

Just rebuild the right way and take Mariota.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Twitter is full of guys who have "insiders" who make up rumors, especially right before draft time. A story got blown up because Whisenhunt said he "liked Mariota" and would "expect any QB drafted #2 to be the starter". Would you rather have Whiz said that we're not drafting Mariota and ruin any chance of a trade?

Regardless, i'd still say Mariota at #2 is very much in play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is why I hate the draft being so far out from when the season ends. So many change of opinions happen from January to April, even my own has flipped back and forth.

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

whats honest abe know about the internet?

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Did he really say that? I didn't know the internet has been around that long?!?!

jk

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I have been saying this for a while now. As it gets closer, they will be tempted, and will likely pull the trigger.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar