Rumor According to Twitter

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tim, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Starter

Marcus Mariota will be Tennessee's second pick in this years upcoming draft. This is so hard for me to believe because I thought Williams was a sure thing. Plus I heard Chris Mortensen talking about a possibility Tennessee trading for Philip Rivers but it's a real possibility.

I know all these things have been talked about before but it seems like these things are about to happen and there's a lot of truth behind them

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tim, did you hit your head this morning? Its March, these sketchy rumors always pop up this time of year..

• High Five High Five x 6
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Rule #1 to twitter ... Always believe everything you read on twitter

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

What would you expect him to say? Yeah, we are drafting a player #2 overall to become our backup. We really just needed some depth....with the #2 overall pick!

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Let me be the first to say,

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Man, dig a little deeper here:

Ken Whisenhunt: Tennessee Titans undecided on No. 2 pick - ESPN

I think this is more of an indicator that we will not take him. Pretty sure that Wiz doesn't want to start Mariota next year--rookie QB with his job on the line. And he clearly feels that if he drafts him, there will be immense pressure to draft him. As such, I don't think Wiz is that interested in drafting him at 2.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Not even any sources. C'mon Tim.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

His job is on the line, but drafting a rookie qb gives him a free pass. He used locker and mett as his pass last year. It would be a smart business move to take a qb at 2 if you thought you had even a 50% chance to turn them into a productive starter. It would give him a two year extension essentially. Not saying i would go this route, just that it is more likely than people think.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Smokescreen to build up trade value. Keep it up/play the game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

That's exactly how the game is played. Make everyone believe you want him, maybe a team will overpay to jump up to that position and you get a windfall of picks. Hope it works out for you that way. I do think the focus should be defense, like a lot of you have posted. Stop screwing around with the QB and give Mett a strong D and run game so he has a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar