Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

A Somewhat revealing stat on Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    I went back and watched every offensive play of today's game and broke down the offenses stats with and without Cook.

Of the 22 run plays, Cook was on the field twice. One run was for minus 3 and the other minus 1 yard.

How does another team not watch the tape and just play the pass every time Cook is on the field? Are our coaches aware of the discrepancy?
    2 people high five this.
  2. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    wow thats dumb lol. I hope that was only today and wasn't happening all year or we might have a mentally retarded coaching staff.
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $490
    Well, this would support the case to give him a try at WR with Britt out. Hopefully he blocks ok for a WR???

What about what he was doing with coverage? I think you were there....was he getting open and not getting looks, or just not getting open?
  3. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    I've got the other two games DVR'd as well, I'm like you though, I assume it's a one game thing.
  4. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    This could just be the fact that Cook is not involved in the O period....whats the passing downs look like?'
  5. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    I really can't say Cheese, he looked like a decoy a lot the way his routes where designed. He was spread out on at least 4-5 plays though.

He was on the field for 26 of HBeck's 36 pass attempts so he's being used but pretty much not at all on designed run plays.

IMO, it says he really struggles to run block.
  6. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    after Stevens and Graham stepped up, I don't think Cook will be getting much PT in the coming weeks.
  7. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    I wouldn't call Graham's TD catch, exactly 'stepping up'.. It was a pretty easy catch...I was wondering why they didn't let Cook run that route, but that would have tipped our hand (that the play was a pass).
    1 people high five this.
  8. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    He'll be out there a lot with Britt missing.
    1 people high five this.
  9. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,069
    If they are running it with him in, then they are not throwing it to him, so why would the D watch for the pass.. ? He was in twice, and they ran both times, am I missing something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.