Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Rumor A coaching rumor here in Houston...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HoustonTitan, Jan 9, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. HoustonTitan Special Teams Standout

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $289
    I'll be quick to the point...

A little birdie I heard from down here in Houston says that Gregg Williams is almost certainly going to be our defensive coordinator assuming a team doesn't offer him a head coaching position... which as of now does not look like he will receive...

Therefore, assuming that Gregg is going to be our defensive guy, we can conclude that management will be aiming towards an offensive head coach. Being that it is hard to believe that a defensive head coach will allow Gregg to run his own defense...

Just something to ponder... (no pun intended)
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,673
    Whoever gets the Titans' head coaching job will get to hire his own DC. Williams won't be forced on him.

Your birdie doesn't know what he or she is talking about, frankly.
  3. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $751
    I know one thing, I just hope the titans wait till the last possible moment to hire a HC while the rest of the NFL is moving on.

On a serious note, I hope the birdie is smoking crack cuz, I for one, would like to see Williams stay.
  4. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,929
    Your little birdie doesnt know JACK SQUAT!
    [IMG]
  5. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611
    I hope he stays.. he's a defensive genius. Plus I wanna keep my avatar.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,603
    Yeah, hope he stays too. Always been a huge G-Williams fan. Maybe even moreso when I heard his "YOU KILL THE HEAD!" speech. haha
    Big Time Titan high fives this.
  7. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,629
    Starting fresh means exactly that, I assumed Williams is already gone.
  8. V-MAN I still believe

Moolah:
    $836
    If this is true then we are getting Munch 2.0 as a coach... Hell Webster might as well coach the team. How can you dictate what a new head coach is going to hire as a DC or OC for that matter.

Whoever we get that follows suit with that will be a lackey. I don't care if Williams would be a good DC or not..
  9. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    Munchak interviewing for Texans OL coach job.
  10. Maxiest Rookie

Locker
    Moolah:
    $91
    I want them to wipe out everyone damn't!!! I am so tired of this crap. FIRE EVERYONE START OVER!