Training Camp 8 WR's on the Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Face it, the writing is on the wall for Nate. He just won't be around. It's not about production, its about the ceiling and the upside of other players - combined with money and off-field issues.

My prediction of WR depth chart week 1:

1 - Kenny Britt (Contract year - and he knows it)
    2 - Kendall Wright (I believe he will stay on the outside)
    3 - Justin Hunter (Will wow in the preseason - play in the slot often)
    4 - Kevin Walter (Will provide great veteran leadership - reputation is a great locker room guy)
    5 - Damian Williams (Has the most upside of the rest of the crop)
    6 - Michael Preston (Good relationship with Locker - potential to step up in case of injury)

Will not make the cut:

Marc Mariani (given the depth at WR, just can't keep him - but still a good returner)
    Lavelle Hawkins (not worth the money)
    Nate Washington (probably gets released because nobody else thinks he is worth 4 mil either)

We keep 6 WRs on the team given all the potential question marks, making room by keeping only 3 RBs (Deuces Harper).

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Like the analysis. At this point I think Hunter is number 5 behind Walter and Williams. Hunter is still raw and needs to bulk up more if he is going to do well in the NFL. He is too gangly. He will get there I think. Just not this year.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You may be right that he's still raw and has work to do But I don't think we traded up to the 34th overall spot for a #5 receiver. This staff needs to win now. I think we'll throw him out there immediately.

Rookie or not, if he can't at least win the #4 spot on the depth chart then I'd say we screwed up pretty damn bad with the pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

They probably will have Walter starting. Vets usually do stay higher on the depth chart at the beginning of the season. I feel that Hunter does come in early and often though.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Could be like it was with Britt. Ends up playing more as the season goes on.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Keeping Preston over Nate. D'oh! :crazy:

7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Paying 4.2 mil for an 8 year vet that has already shown his mediocre value over a paying 480K for a 23 year old with nice potential... D'oh!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It could happen. Nate basically averaged just 2 catches a game. When Preston was activated from the PS he also averaged 2 catches per game. He's bigger, younger, and cheaper. So it is possible Nate's gone and Preston sticks around.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's actually making 5.1 mil :chuck:

I just hope we don't cut Nate, we should be able to atleast get a 5th.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

900k is guaranteed homey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar