51.7 yards per game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

CJ will have a break out game next week. You can only hold the man down for so long.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Harper not getting carries makes me wonder if Munchak isn't hearing Fisher in his ears.

Makes no sense. Reward the kid. He played well in preseason. He has been more efficient than either of the other 2 so far this year... we're doing nothing- give the guy a chance.

What's the worst that could happen? I'm sure he can get the same 1 yard per carry at the least.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Why change whats not broken, if I remember right teams with a passing offense and a mediocre running games wins games, IE Pats, Saints, Packers...

4. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I put most of it on Eugene Amano. Cj can still get it done.

I really don't understand how some of you wouldn't want our run game improved. Winning, has nothing to do with it. Sure, we are beating some of these teams right now but when we start playing teams like the Saints, a run game would help a lot. It never hurts to make a team better. I want the Titans to be the best, and won't settle for anything less. We need a new center.

If we can get CJ back into breaking long runs/100+ YPG and continue what we have going, I can see something good happening.

What did it hurt to make a new topic? Maybe you should be put in charge of the new topics so they can be approved before posting. I just don't understand why everyone around here has a damn attitude.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

My man: finally. If you go all the way back to the preseason and the first regular season game the only RB that showed ANYTHING is Jamie Harper. Had an amazing preseason and the dude's only gonna get better. At least give him a chance to prove himself if nobody else is.

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

In the preseason he was a monster. Can't find the stats.

In game one he had three carries for ten yards, a 3.33 average, and one catch for 21 yards. Pretty good for three carries and one ball thrown his way.

That's way better than anything we've seen from Ringer or Johnson and the kid's only gonna improve. I get the arguement that they're worried about the rookie fumbling or not being able to run block NFL defenders, but seriously, he's talented. If we're not gonna use him why draft him?

How about this arguement to not offend the CJ stans other than just saying he sucks and is playing well below the contract (which he is): Harper's running style is quite different than CJ. He runs like Eddie George, straight ahead. He barely makes any moves or cuts in the backfield, period. He hits the hole and runs over people. Since we have a crappy interior line, it makes more sense to play a guy like this. CJ gets his big breaks by dancing around in the backfield until he sees a a lane open up and then he plays pacman with the defenders. That's not working this year because he has no time in the backfield.

And he sucks and isn't living upto his contract.

Seriously. Harper's the better option right now. Watching his tape at Clemson he's also a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield (unlike CJ) and we know has Hass likes to spread it around. He just fits better.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

The Titans not having a run game is like the Colts...having KFC instead of Manning at QB. It just feels wrong. We have always been a run team. Damn, Fisher has infected me.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans know Harper can prob rush for more yards than CJ and Ringer. but they dont want to open that can of worms. Paying cj all that money then have a rookie show out is not a spot the titans want to be in. they rather lose with cj than to win with Harper.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Or maybe the coaching staff who is around him all the time (ok..a few weeks) has more belief in his ability than some guys on a forum.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The idea is that people somehow think CJ is above being affected by abysmal OL blocking yet somehow Ringer is doing great despite the OL.

Ringer averaged -1 YPC. I hate Ringer as a #2 and even I know that's disgusting for his talent level. He's easily a 2.5-3 YPC back.

How are people shocked when CJ takes a hit in YPC by awful OL yet ignore Ringer getting bullied around just as much?

Either admit both RBs are getting affected by the bad OL play or don't bring up Ringer at all and admit CJ is easily our best option.

Don't bring up Ringer like he's still averaging ANYTHING worth a starting job at RB. Take away that SINGLE run of his for 21 yards, and you have a RB with 10 carries for -6 yards.

Even with his 1 run for 21 yards, he's still behind CJ. Our run game isn't pretty but BOTH running backs are doing bad right now, not just CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar