2nd round pick options!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

didn't they say that about PacMan ?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think those could be pretty decent choices. I thing several will drop to the 2nd. Hodge for one, Jackson could as well, Whitworth, Colledge I'm certain. The gem to me would be McNeill. I'd really like him on the right for at least a year with Roos on the left.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've loved d'qwell jackson since early this year.

4. titansfan13

titansfan13 Guest

my vote would be to go defense. i think one of the good linebackers could fall to us. unlikely but i would like to get bobby carpenter. he is 6'4 255 and runs a 4.5. with his size he could be moved to inside and with his speed could be a sideline to sideline outside backer. i also like daniel bullocks safety from nebraska he has has a very good week of practice at the senior bowl.

5. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

The thing about Marcus McNeill, though, is he is reported to have some back issues. From what I understand it's not real clear on how it will affect his draft status. He says his back is fine and it's no problem, but what else is he gonna say. That will be one major area that will need to be checked out. Marcus is reported to be around 6'9 and 340 so he is a MASSIVE guy, and a bad back certainly doesn't mix with someone that big.

I also think Bullocks might be a bit of a reach at early second. We could probably hope that a safety or two falls to the fourth (safeties tend to drop) and grab a guy like Anthony Smith of Syracuse. He doesn't have the great measurables, but he's just a flat out football player. That said, I think he may go off the board in the 3rd. We also have a tendency of taking OL in the late rounds and developing them.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I agree, D'Qwell is an amazing player. He has tremendous heart and desire, he'd be the type of guy that we NEED on our defense. Some question his ability to fit in all schemes though. He seems to get lost in traffic and tends to get overwhelmed by blockers. I think he can work on this though, with some regular trips to the weight room. He has everything you look for - passion, heart, instincts, football IQ, leadership- the only thing he lacks is pure strength and a little bulk.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd like for us to recover our third (I sooo wish we only gave a 4th for Henry and held to it; our 3rd is like a 2nd -- fie on Buffalo) and I'd like for Jason Allen to fall there, due to his hip injury. I'd use him for depth and see him emerge in a year or two. But that isn't too likely to happen.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He needs to drop some weight to alleviate the stress and pain on his back. He'd be a lot more athletic around 320 I think.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Throw me in the D'Qwell Jackson corner as well. 2nd rd is the place to get instinctive, fast linebackers if the last few years are any indication.

Other possibility for me is Kamerion Wimbley. All reports from the Senior bowl are pretty positive about him, and DE would be a priority of KVB doesn't come back.

10. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Wimbley is a talented player no doubt, but right now, what you see is what you get with him. He's basically a pass rusher and nothing else. He just doesn't have the bulk or strength to play the run well and will be a liability against it. I think what you're looking at with Wimbley is a more explosive Travis LaBoy (last year's version). He could certainly end up paying off if he gets bigger/stronger without losing too much of his explosiveness. He'll probably be used like Robert Mathis is in Indy for his first season or two, unless he goes to the right scheme, like a cover 2. He does have a LOT of potential though. He may also project better as a 3-4 rush 'backer like a Joey Porter or DeMarcus Ware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar