2nd Biggest Need: R-DT

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 7, 2013.

?
  1. Star Lotulelei

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Jonathan Hankins

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jesse Williams

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Johnathan Jenkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sylvester Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Brandon Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other Prospect (Rds 4-7)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sign a free agent (comment who)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

How worried should teams be about Stars heart problems? This could let him fall to us at 10 but how serious is it? I'm sure the FO would have all the tests prior to the draft to ensure he would be able to play but it's just really weird to me that he wasn't able to participate in the drills at the combine. Without considering the heart issue I'd love to see us take Levitre our the guard from San Diego in FA and Star with 10. We'd still have room for a DE off of FA and a guard in the draft.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If Lotulelei's heart issue turns out to be nothing then take him first. We can still get a good OG in the second and free agency. The crop of FA DTs is not great. Even worse when you consider most of them are not the type of DT you are looking for.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013DT.php

I would argue we went in the offseason with R-DT as the number 3 priority. However, with the signing of George Wilson we have bought ourselves some time on the number 2 priority.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jesse Williams because he is an Aussie.

#brosbeforehoes

4. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

From the standpoint of replacing RDT most of them would do. The problem is we don't really have a true 3-tech except Klug. 3-tech DT should be quick and athletic so they can rush the QB from the inside and collapse the pocket with their speed and quickness around the guard and tackle, not necessarily just strength. Casey is not a 3-tech although that may be where the staff plays him. His scouting report says he is not athletic enough to play 3-tech. Casey is supposedly strong against the run and his scouting report even says he is a run stopper and not a pass rusher. Same thing goes for Martin. He is strong but not athletic enough to rush the passer. Casey is short, fat, and stocky with some strength which is why all his scouting reports puts him as run stopper but he is really not big or strong enough to play the 0 or 1 tech.

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

First I disagree that RDT is the second highest priority. I would argue that a starting caliber CB is more of a need. The Titans have a DL that has starting caliber players but the secondary is empty. They are starved for a shutdown corner. I will take this time to repeat that one of the most stupid moves in franchise history was letting Cortland leave over 1 million dollars. It may have been the most stupid.

Anyway, to answer your question, I like the option of signing Alan Branch as a free agent.

Also thanks for the breakdown of the DT position. It was informative.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Unless we lock down our needs on the Oline via FA, I feel that we need to get Chance with the 10th pick. I would love to have a pocket pushing DT, but we need Oline help more than Dline help.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

DT is our 2nd biggest need people

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar