2016 NFL Draft: Day 3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

CB? Anyone?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Amazed Billings is still available, wtf did he do to fall so far? He was going in the 1st round of some mocks and his tape shows greatness in the making.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, I know. I never thought he or Fuller would make it out of the 2nd round. What's going to be left in Round 5 for us I wonder.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want a trade up, this draft is thinning out, but has some worthy players left

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

We have 5th, two 6ths, and a 7th. I would trade the two 6es and the 7 to get in to the 4th.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The following players who visited the Titans and/or had private workouts for them are still undrafted.

CB Tavon Young
    DL Joel Heath
    DL D.J. Reader
    DL Lawrence Thomas
    DL Johnathan Woodard
    FS Jayron Kearse
    FS Tyvis Powell
    G Joe Dahl
    ILB Antonio Morrison
    LB Jatavis Brown
    SS Miles Killebrew
    T Caleb Benenoch
    T Clay DeBord
    T Alex Lewis
    T Zach Sterup
    TE Stephen Anderson
    WR Jared Dangerfield

FWIW, the only players who visited with the Titans that they have drafted so far are Conklin and Byard (local player). Dodd, Johnson and Henry were not known to have visited the Titans or worked out for them.

Edit: add QB Kevin Hogan, RB Kenneth Dixon, RB Keenan Reynolds to above list. I don't think J-Rob will take another RB. He could take one of those tackles if the Titans plan to move him to guard. We don't know if the Titans view Byard as a FS or SS (J-Rob was non-committal, said he could play either) so another safety isn't out of the question, IMO.

#7 A.D., Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I think we take a G/C swing guy in the 5th but I'd really like to see Jeremy Cash fall and be that George Wilson type sub package safety we had a few years ago. The hope would be eventually groom him to be the starting SS once Searcy leaves. Watch the kids's tape he is all over the field and makes impact plays but needs to work on coverage skills.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Two darkhorse prospects I'm interested in are USC's WR Pharoh Cooper and LSU G Vadal Alexander. Neither of them are known to have visited the Titans or worked out for them.

Cooper is also a returner. Spurrier also tried to get him the ball on WR screens, end arounds, etc.. since he's a danger to take it for 6 whenever he touches it.

Alexander is a mauler as a run blocker. Physical and nasty. He is slow-footed, which is his biggest weakness. Good value though, for a late round pick.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Kalan Reed! Would definitely compete for a starting CB spot and some say he could be the steal of the draft. Would I trade the one of our 3rd rounders next year for him? Probably not. But if I have another beer? Probably yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar