2016 Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

EmDiggy needs a lobotomy in that case

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Highly unlikely we draft Ramsey if we stay at #1. No defensive back has ever been selected before pick 3. It's possible we could trade back and take him, and I'd be fine with that. But the No. 1 pick will either be Bosa, Tunsil, or a qb, regardless if we trade out or not.

#142 Carp, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  3. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Almost 99.42375 percent sure we trade out IF we sign a vet OT in FA. Even if you dont get much we will trade out and get the player we want and gain a little extra.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Again, easier said then done. Hard to trade back and "get the player we want" when the player we need is the best player in the draft (Ramsey). IMO, there's 4 "elite" players in this draft: Ramsey, Tunsil, Myles Jack, & Bosa (#5 was Jaylon Smith before injury). Assuming there will be a QB in the Top-5, that means we can't trade past the Top-5 to land one of these elite guys. Do you really want to trade back just for the sake of trading back "even if we don't get much"? I'd rather just stay put at #1 and take Ramsey, unless we can trade back in the 2-5 range.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Free agent NT Terrance Knighton hasn't heard from the Redskins since the end of the season.

"I haven’t got any hint that maybe they want me back or anything," Knighton said. "I haven’t heard anything. I understand it’s a business. [But] I’m not really understanding the whole [reason why] a guy like myself and what I bring to a team, and what I bring to the field, [is] bouncing around like this. But it will catch up with itself." Knighton received solid marks for his run defense in his lone season with the Redskins, but the team seems to be aiming higher at the nose.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio
    Mar 2 - 10:43 AM

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I mentioned this in the offseason thread

Browns C Alex Mack exercised his opt-out clause, voiding the final three years of his contract, and is now a free agent.

As expected. Mack waited until the franchise-tag deadline passed and is now back on the market after signing a five-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jaguars in April 2014 only to see the Browns match it. Look for the Jaguars to be back in on Mack, who's still just 30 years old. Returning to the Browns isn't out of the picture, but Mack is now one of the top free agents available.
    Related: Browns

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Mar 2 - 12:47 PM

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Mack would be huge, imagine a line of Tunsil, Warkack, Mack, Poutasi (or other), Lewan. Not bad!

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Absolutely 100%! And I get why people like the idea of Tunsil, fix the line and protect MM8. Sure, I get behind that idea, in theory. However, he gets hurt every year and misses games. Why is there any reason to think that won't continue against tougher competition in the NFL. Who's going to protect MM8 when Tunsil gets put on IR? Picking him just scares me too much, I don't care how good a player is if their on the sideline injured.

Take the safe, freak athlete who's versatile and can play two positions that are holes on this roster. Not only that, but let Dick work with the kid while he's still a coach on this team. You take Ramsey, and if they don't, I think it'll be a mistake. Polomalu in his prime? Sign me the @*$+ up!

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar