Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

2014 World Cup Of Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. DJB Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $559
    At least this US team seems to be much better than any other US team from the past four cups.
    Deuce Wayne high fives this.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,652
    Just be glad your country actually qualifies for the World Cup, Americans and Australian. Group of Death > no group at all.
    The Hammer and Tennessy XO high five this.
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    Yeah it's a rough group but this is a better squad than what we've had in a few years now. We eventually have to beat Ghana, so might as well be this time around. Portugal is a good team but we can beat them. They have Ronaldo but the rest of their team is pretty average.
  4. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    Goooo England...

I feel bad for the USA :) They won't even make it out of the group.. What a terrible draw for them haha.
  5. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,144
    Yeah, that is going to be a horrible one for you guys.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,486

How do you even know?

.... and why do you keep up with it?
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,486
    Personally, I think everyone is overreacting to this group.

Everyone hears the name "Germany" and freaks out, but Germany isn't the power they've been in the past. I'd much rather be in this group than any group with Spain or Brazil.

That #2 ranking looks great and intimidating on paper- but I don't give a sh** about Germany. Mostly because I think they beat Ghana and Portugal- so the game vs us won't mean much for them.

And Ronaldo has been my favorite player for years, but Portugal isn't a world-beater, either. If you can keep Ronaldo from scoring, you've got a solid chance of beating them.

Ghana isn't that good. Simply put. We should beat them game 1. If not- that's on us, but that should be a win.

The US has a history of playing better against better opponents. Combine that with how this team is better than any we've ever had, and I don't think our chances are so bad.
  8. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $10,691
    Try actually going to the caribbean....NICE. Planning a trip to St. Lucia now for spring break. Teaching is fun. LOL
    The Hammer high fives this.
  9. Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $190
    Ghana is going to be a tougher opponent than Portugal. Portugal is overrated. Ronaldo is an arrogant "me-first" player thay can be made pretty much ineffctive during a game if you cover him tightly and tackle him hard. He is a *****.
  10. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,486
    A "me first" player that is arguably the best in the world.

Not exactly easy to shut down, considering no one can.