2014 rate your team thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by 520, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Doesn't make a difference either way. Every now and then I might overlook a guy on the waiver wire in one league, but it's rare. With the phone app it's still easy with that many leagues.

And I know what I'm doing, so it doesn't take long. On Tuesday nights, I set my lineups and check the waiver wire. I spend maybe 5 minutes per team, sometimes less.

10 team league... It's the TitanCup one.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm in 4 and all but one is falling apart. It is my work league, so I guess thats okay.

Honestly don't know what the hell is going on with my dynasty and AFCS league.

I never had much faith in our money league. It seemed like I never could get a good value pick.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I've jus been offered an green for Colin kaepernick...what would you do?

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

AJ Green? I'd take that.

5. 520

Lol ya I did. easy decision. I got Matt Ryan. And a plethora of rbs and now wrs to trade for a qb if necessary..
    Lol damn and the rich get richer now I pair green with Julio Jones that's a dream team

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Lacking a bit at RB" is a pretty big understatement. Fred Jackson isn't getting enough opportunities to make much of an impact. Donald Brown is averaging like 1.9ypc since taking over the starting duties. And Robinson and Vereen are both in really unpredictable offenses so you never know what you're going to get with them. Both have pretty low ceilings because of the offenses they're in.

That's a really bad RB group for a 10-team league. Though you did have some rotten luck with drafting AP and Rice. I had a team setup a lot like yours in one of my leagues last year. I had Calvin, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Julius Thomas... but my very weak RB group and inconsistent QB play killed me all season long. I finished 9 out of 10.

Honestly, barring a lot of luck being on your side, I think the only way you can get back in the mix in this league is to trade one of your big time WRs for a big time RB. It will suck and you may even have to get the raw end of the deal. But trust me, if you don't get at least one consistent and reliable RB in your lineup that position is going to continue to kill you week in and week out. That's TWO starting roster spots that, much more often than not, are going to under-perform for you and put you in a hole. It doesn't matter how good the rest of your team is. They aren't going to be able to make up the difference enough to keep you competitive.

Even if you traded Brown or Marshall you'd still be very solid at the position.

7. RavensShallBurn

I know... I'm working on trades right now, but no one pays attention.

I had planned on AP and Rice being my two starting RBs, so yea...

Also Robinson is a quality starter while Ingram is out.

But seriously... my team is good enough to be winning without top RBs. Stafford, Brown, Marshall, Harvin/Sanders, Julius. Some heavy hitters in there.

8. RavensShallBurn

You trade raped him. What a retard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 520

What's funny is in a drunk state of mind I almost offered him Matt forte for an green weeks ago considering my other rbs were ballin but decided to keep my team in tact.
    Good thing!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its not rape when you offer the trade

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar