2014 Quarterback Class

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jameis is still up in the air about whether he wants to play baseball or football. Banking on him next year is not wise.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Time to draft a pocket passer. Enough. ENOUGH with the running QBs.

They have flashes and fantastic seasons... but then disappear. A good - not great - pocket passer will get you consistent wins and then your team will build with him. A running QB seems to have the team built AROUND him. Then you lose that one guy... and your team is done.

That's what I've seen these past few years.

Get a damned pocket passing QB for once.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Until the philosophy behind our offense changes, drafting a QB would just be a wasted draft pick. This offense revolves around CJ and a "dominant " offensive line. These other young QBs who are taking off around the league have had at least a good portion of the offense catered to match their skill set. We never gave VY that opportunity and we haven't with Locker either. (Although Jake has to stay on the field before anything is catered to him.) Lets see the offensives philosophy change before we go spend another high draft pick on a QB

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

All true but how much is the offensive philosophy based on the QBs the Titans have had? I think you have to have the horse in the stall and I don't think VY or Locker had the ability to make the Titans a pass-oriented team.

I go with McCarrons in the third. I doubt he's there but I think he's the type of pocket passer that'll be a solid NFL QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Its not necessarily about becoming pass oriented. I believe Locker can be the guy you ride talent wise. His inability to stay on the field is his bigger issue.You dont draft game managers in the top 10 of the draft. You are kinda making my point. Would I take flyer on a QB from a winning culture in round 3? Absolutely! A game manager,who may or may not be more. That's fine. You used a top 10 pick two QBs. Its not all about being pass oriented, but you gotta try to cater something to the skill set you drafted that man for or don't even bother. I am just saying I would not waste a high draft pick until there is a change in offensive philosophy.JMO

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Why wait til the third if you think he is going to be good? That would make no sense in terms of drafting philosophy. Sure you would get great value on paper if you land him but when it comes to QB's you don't take chances you draft them early and when your pick is up. Hoping they fall is asking for trouble.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I agree with the notion about running QB's and sustainability. RG3 and Kaep have come back down to earth this year. RG3 I doubt will ever have the durability to play the way he does with his slight build and fearless style. The only guy really having success who is equally as good at running as he is passing is Cam and luckily for him he is built like a truck and can sustain beatings unlike some of these smaller running QB's. That is why Johnny Football scares me but I wouldn't be mad with the pick. The spotlight on Nashville would be a nice change of pace.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

me neither man to be honest haha

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because it's a crap shoot and I was against taking Locker at #8. I'd grab another talent at a need position before taking ANY QB in the first because I believe they'll go with Locker next season and there is plenty of depth.

Since the Titans won't have a second-round pick next April, a third is the best they have unless they want to trade up.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

If I'm him, I play baseball. Longer careers, fewer concussions, guaranteed contracts.

If you have the ability to play both, baseball is a no brainer.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar