2014-2015 Nashville Predators Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yes.. of course they have. Do you not remember them knocking off the Red Wings in 2012? they've done it before that, as well. Get yo research together, son.

And this team was expected to be at the bottom of the rankings, not the top. If, in 2 years, when our players have a couple of years of playoff experience, they get knocked out 1st round, I'll be mad. We were fielding a team of players with little playoff experience. Almost every SC winner has a veteran team with a lot of playoff experience. Preds are up-and-comers in this league.

I swear to gosh... I don't know how any Titans fans have an iota of room to complain about the Preds this season, or any other season, honestly. This team overachieved this year.. Everybody knew they were going to come back down to reality. They peaked at the wrong time this year. At least they had a peak. Titans have been total disappointments for the majority of the season for years.

At least I have some hope for the Preds in the future. Not so much for the football team across the river. PLUS the Preds care about their fans.

Believe me, I am as bummed, or more bummed than the rest of us here.
    but this team is almost nothing like the teams of the Trotz era, other than having Weber and Rinne.

This is basically a brand new team, taking on the Blackhawks in the playoffs.. who are always a contender.

Rinne started getting shaky towards the end of the season, and Weber was not much of a difference maker. I didn't expect a championship after the way they limped into the playoffs.. But at least they can get into the playoffs.. unlike the Titans.

Predators may be a C+ franchise, but Titans are an F+ at best. night and day difference.

Not that I'm proud of a 1 and done in the playoffs.. but that would be a crowning achievement for the Titans anytime this decade... I'd even be surprised if that happens.

#211 nickmsmith, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

In 2011 and 2012, we made it to the 2nd round. Beat Anaheim (2011) and Detroit (2012) in the 1st round. Lost to Vancouver (2011) and Arizona (2012) in the 2nd.

I was lucky enough to go to some games against Anaheim and Vancouver. Don't think I made it to a game the next year.

As soon as Suter left, we took a huge step back... but we've finally recovered, and I actually think this team has plenty of hope for the future. I expect to be back in the playoffs many times. We just aren't quite ready yet.

Hopefully Forsberg improves (he's been horrible in this series) and Fiala pans out.

3. RavensShallBurn

Idk... Seth Jones sucks. He can be good here and there, but every time someone makes a mistake, you can assume it's Jones and you'd probably be right.

Should've never made that trade for Franson and Santorelli. Franson is seriously horrible. So many mistakes.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Time to go full throttle for my reserve team, Montreal.

@The Hammer It's time to go out for a rip, bud.

5. nickmsmith

He does make mistakes. Last game, he was great.

He's only 20, though. A lot of NHL rookies are 22-25 years old. There's only so much you can expect from a kid that age, unless they are Sid Crosby.

The trade was bad... Luckily the 1st round pick wasn't worth much. some late 1st round picks never make the NHL at all. BUT.. Poile has been hitting on a lot of picks recently. Jones, Sissons, Fiala, Vesey, Salomaki, Aberg, Arvidsson all look like sure NHLers. So losing that first does sting a little.

#215 nickmsmith, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  6. RavensShallBurn

Oh I know. He can be pretty good in the future. No doubt. I was arguing the fact that he filled in fine for Weber. I disagree. Weber's presence is important. He's intimidating. No one is scared of Seth Jones.

I wouldn't say he was great last night... He made that awful pass in our zone that almost turned into a disaster. Pretty sure he made another bad mistake or two as well.

7. nickmsmith

I am overall, not a huge Jones fan. But Weber has been invisible towards the end of the season, and the game that he did play in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

the future is really bright at the forward positions.. Like Sissons, Fiala, Salomaki, Aberg, Arvidsson, Jarnkrok all are young, and are, or should be in the NHL in the next year or two. Plus they signed the Moses guy, the leading scorer in the KHL. That combined with Neal, Smith, Wilson, and an improving Forsberg could be a scary NHL team in a bit.

Cullen, Fisher, Gaustad, Ribeiro won't be around long.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm saying it now. This series goes to game 7.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. nickmsmith

Cheers for the optimism.

Historically, over 90 percent of teams down 3-1 do not win the series. Lets hope they can be in the 9 percent that can.

I'm just following the score on the app this game. I watched two games worth of hockey, last game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar