2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

To me, the 3-4 emphasizes the strength of a teams Line backing corps. When I look at our team I think our strength on defense are our LB's, so why not take advantage of them? I still see Wimbley as an OLB, I think because he's played it for the majority of his career and he's in that 255 pound range. Our two best players on defense, in my eyes anyway, are Ayers and McCarthy so lets utilize that strength. Brown could be incredible coming off the edge as well, they guy is like 235 and runs 4.4!!!

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Why would we have done it last year? There were no really good nose tackles in the draft or free agency...this year is a different story with 3 Nose Tackles projected to go top 10.

Like I said, the best defenses in the league run a 34(49ers, Ravens, Texans, Steelers) we have the personnel to do it, and we can draft a great nose tackle with our first round pick...Not to mention, what we're doing right now isn't working.

If I'm Munchak, I would seriously be giving this some thought for next season..

3. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

That's it, after seeing how pitiful this defense through the first four games, I think it is time to move on from the 4-3 and install a 3-4. That means getting a new DC and drafting a nose tackle with a high pick in the draft. We have the personnel to install a 3-4 already, we just need a coach that can run it. I think we should make the move because the most dominant defenses in the league are 3-4 based (outside of the Giants)

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So I watched the Utah/USC game last night.. and wow. Star Lotuelei is legit, he was facing Khaled Holmes (the 2nd rated C in NCAA) and dominated him. He's a monster.

I'm drafting this Star dude is he's available. Regardless of scheme, he could be 43 DT or 34 DE/NT.. he's that good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Lotulelei is defiantly going to be a defensive star in this league (pun). He plays basically like a stronger Ndamukong Suh and is IMO the best defensive player in the draft. It will be interesting to see who our defense coordinator will be if we have are picking in the top 5 I think our pick will be Werner/Jones or Lotulelei

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I have a feeling id be star. We have wimbley & morgan. Wimbley is getting doubled alot and Morgan is solid vs the run. Casey is good, Marks is a FA and has sucked until this year, and Klug is a situational guy. Unless they have faith that Martin can be our starter, i'd see us going DT.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You always take the top talent on the Board If he's that player, then it would be an easy pick.

8. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I have been reading about the SMU DE Margus Hunt. The guy is still pretty raw but has tremendous measureables. Currently projecting to go anywhere from Rd 1 to 3 depending on how he does this season but I am sure if he performs well at the combine he will go 1st round or possibly top 10 like Dontari Poe shot up his draft stock. The guy projects as a 4-3 end but I don't see why he couldn't play 4-3 or 3-4 DE. He is 6-8 280 with an 82 inch wingspan and has already blocked 14 kicks in his college career so far. He runs a 4.6 to 4.7 40 and can bench 225 35 times from what I have been reading. Could be a JPP. Small school with little college production but physically can tear it up at the next level in the right situation. Plus he would add some much needed height on our line. Most of our linemen are 6-1 so QBs are not having any problem seeing downfield. We could start our forest of arms and hopefully start getting some deflections or at least make some throws off target since QBs will have to try to throw over or around the arms of our linemen. Also I say we draft Daniel McCullers from UT in the 2nd if he declares. Still raw also but he is a NT but could be moved to DT if we chose not to go 3-4. He is 6-8 360 with long arms as well. If needed for 4-3 he could drop 10-20 and get to a Haynesworth playing weight of 330-340. These would be some raw guys but the potential of these guys could be worth it. Gives us options either way of staying 4-3 or transitioning to 3-4. I also like Dion Jordan in the 3rd if he makes it that far. 6-7 DE for Oregon but would probably transition to OLB. I like the versatility he has. He has played along the line pressing the slot receiver and dropping back into coverage or coming around the edge pressuring the QB. With the height and speed of the TEs in todays league he could offset some of those weapons and not just let the TE catch over the top of the shorter LBs like they do now. Plus he was a TE in college and has a knowledge of what the offense should want to do.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Not to complain but for future posts... Try breaking it up a bit. That block of text is hard to read.

10. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Good insight here, I agree with the Hunt pick if we can get him in the 3rd or later. I like Jordan too but with him I question if he would fit our scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar