2011 NFL Draft Rounds 2 and 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Patriots now have 2 1sts and 2 2nd again next year... figures.
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I'm going to take your word on that, 24 :logo:
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Well if we were dead set on a DT, I'd have taken Nevis easily. Personally I would have taken Edmund Gates. We really need someone that can take the top off a defense. If Britt is out, and we don't know what can happen to him. If he get suspended or does jail time we could be looking at, Justin Gage and Nate Washington as our friggin starters, with Hawk or the kid from USC we took last year backing up. That group really is going to scare the pants off a defense huh? If teams can man our WR's they can easily spare a safety in the box without worrying. Load up the box and shut down CJ, and man our dumpy WR's.
  4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff Member

They are the NFL's version of the American Idol judges.

They totally screwed up the whole draft by being greedy and spreading it out over all these days. Put it back to Sat and Sunday and let it be the event it used to be. I hate the format now.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

When I talked to Gates on Sirius Radio, I asked him if he was faster than his Cousin Bernard Scott (Bengals) and he said "I'm way faster than him". Which tells me alot, because Scott has speed galore.
  6. Laserjock

Don't forget Cook and Mariani. Mariani in the slot is still an untapped talent I think.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Starter

I love the format.

I love the draft, but it feels inherently wrong to spend a spring Saturday afternoon inside watching television.
  8. 24

24 Starter

Couple of scouting reports.
  9. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

For the folks complaining about ESPN: did you know you can watch NFL Network's coverage free online? I've been pretty happy with their coverage, especially Mayock and Billick.
  10. Laserjock

It's the DRAFT! It used to be an event to plan around. We used to have Titan draft parties on the first day at a local sports bar...now it's setup just to make more ad monies for the league and ESPN by putting it on "prime time". Stupid. That is why now it seems so strained for Kiper et al. to keep any mometum.

I just hate when they screw with a good thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.