2010 Offseason Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I didn't wait tirelessly for 6 months for the regular season to roll around to talk about next off season.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

PAY Bulluck. (must sign)

Scaife, if the price is right.

KVB depends on the season. If he excels, maybe PAY him to stay here. If he is average to disappoints, I think he's offered the "Titan's rate", and will be overpaid elsewhere.

As of now, like to keep Tony Brown and Tulloch but for reasonable rates. LW if no one else would bid high on him, I'm starting to think that's the case.

Everyone else release.

Target a stud WR, CB in free agency. I hope we've invested enough in RB for awhile, we have serious depth issues in other positions. As a partial homer, I would like to see Cadillac here despite the injury issues, but he's got to make it through this season first.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Were through with wrs. The next offseason will be all about defense. Cb,ss,and lb.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Tulloch is a priority. I think by the end of the season, it'll be the priority over Bulluck.

Just a gut feeling but KVB will be easier to sign because he'll accept less than market. Brown might too.

White is gone as is Scaife. I am doubtful on Bulluck. JMO.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bumping an old thread here but I've been giving this more thought and I'm of the opinion everyone who's due to become a free agent in '10 will become one and the Titans won't even try to resign but a couple of them. Let's review:

Kearse - the Freak is done. He isn't even effective in a situational role now. Time for Hayes to stay on the field more and the Titans to look to the draft here.

Crumpler - maybe worth a small contract as a blocker but no more than for a season at the vet minimum. Stevens has to be ready to step in.

Harper - I don't see the Titans giving Harper anything close to what he'd want. He'll hit the market but might return for a 1-2 year deal at the vet minimum. One of the rookie CBs has to be ready to go though I can see a high draft pick or free agent in this spot.

Scaife - his value will have probably tanked by the time he hits the market. I think someone will overpay for him though the Titans may make him a reasonable offer. Cook will be ready.

Amano - I'm not seeing it. Amano will be playing elsewhere unless he's a bargain. His replacement may be a free agent since Harris likely will step in for Mawae.

Nickey - he might come back for a vet minimum deal because I don't see him getting anything elsewhere. He's replaced by a draft pick or special teams guy who can be had for cheap.

Ball - same as Nickey. He's not going to see a long-term deal from anyone so will likely go to the highest bidder on a team where he'll see the most playing time. I can see the Titans wanting him since he can play inside if they don't think they can keep Brown.

Tulloch - I really think he'll be a target the Titans will work hard to extend before he hits the market but they won't pay as much as a team who keeps the MLB on the field. I don't know if McRath is ready here so this may be a high draft pick.

Mawae - I don't see the Titans offering anything more than one season at the vet minimum and Mawae won't accept that. Time for Harris or another option.

Brown - this is a tough call because he's the kind of DT many teams would probably overpay for. I think he'll hit the market and the Titans will be outbid. Marks has to be ready to play a more active role and the Titans bring in another DT free agent or draft pick into the rotation.

White - he'll be elsewhere. I doubt the Titans even send him any serious long-term offer. Ringer is ready.

KVB - he needs to show dramatic improvement or I doubt he sees much from the Titans. I think it's over because someone will throw more money his way. Time for Ford or a high draft pick/free agent.

Bulluck - tough call. Bull can still play but he's going to want that final big time contract and that won't come from the Titans. Keglar has to be ready. A free agent or draft pick may be the replacement.

So, to recap, there are a few guys here who may get one or two-year incentive deals only if they sit on the market a few weeks and realize they are not going to see anything long-term. The Titans will probably make a serious play for Brown, Tulloch and Scaife though won't outbid anyone. I think they'll give lip service to trying to resign Bulluck and KVB but will be easily outbid.

I can honestly say it's very possible all 13 are done as Titans. Of course, the bargaining agreement may change everything but I expect to see a number of new faces next season which, if things continue as they are, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Since there are quite a few starters in the mix, it'll be a dramatic change depending on whether the Titans are active in free agency or want to rebuild via the draft.

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I agree with the thinking behind everything posted. The only problem I have is the Lendale White thing. While I think he is gone too, comparing Jevon to Lendale doesn't make sense. I've not seen anything out of Jevon which makes me think he could replace Lendale unless the plan is to never get back to a truly balanced two back system then I guess anybody can come in 5 to 10 plays a game to spell CJ.

Bulluck I think they should keep but I've seen them crap on too many vets that I felt could still go over the years so I'd say if it's about the money or if he is truly seeking the ring before retirement then he needs to be planning on leaving.

Come to think about it after this season if I were any of these guys and had a chance to go elsewhere that had contender status then I think I would go.

I think we may be in for another 2 year slow time "rebuilding". Rebuilding what is my question.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm gonna miss White's humor, and his dance :( I know he'll be gone though, they are using CJ more to see if he can be a 1 man backfield like Eddie. I was just starting to come around on Lendale though..first year I gave him alot of flack..but he's grown on me :(

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea if we don't get back on track you better believe were in the hole for another season. No one should be spelling CJ either, he should spell someone else. That is why our run attack sucks now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I agree he is not an every down back. We have fallen into the false belief that we can always Dash. We forgot that it's the Smash that allows the Dash to happen.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

I thought for sure, Bulluck was gone. But now we see KVB misses Fat Albert and he just might either be expendable, or won't get that pay day he was primed for the past 2 seasons.

Bo, probably gone. (I consider him a must sign for a decent price)
    Lendale, not producing so if he's chasing money. He won't get it.
    Crump, 50/50 on retiring, but we may need him enough to pay him.
    Ramsey, gone.

Tulloch, Brown and Amato are must signs in my book. (I hope they keep a vet for once, and let Bulluck retire here.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar