2010 draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by loulou, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm sure Berry is a fine player but we have much more pressing needs. People need to realize you shouldn't want a guy just because he plays for your favorite school.

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I said Berry OR Suh. Or even a LB, but I don't know if anyone will be worth taking as high as we might be picking. I freely admit I'm a Berry fan and would love to get him. Do I think we will? Nope, but I think we still need to consider it. You can say whatever you want about him, but he's a smart and talented kid who I think will do well in the NFL.

I'm fine with taking a QB in the draft- any pick is a risk. But I do not like these prospects, especially at a high pick. If we got Bradford at like 18 or so, I'd be fine with that. I don't like Clausen much and think he's always been pretty overrated. But hey, to each his own.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Berry could very well be a huge need. If our scouts believe, which I think they will, that he can play CB in the NFL then we could easily take him. Hell, they were convinced Griff could play CB for Christ's sake.

If none of the top QBs are there, then we take the best player available at a position of need. Harper's almost done and Hope isn't getting any younger (or better). And considering our depth, the secondary is a very big need.

It's not about him being a Vol. It's about him being regarded by most around the country as the best player available in the draft. Period.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's not that I don't think Berry will be good, I just don't think a safety is worth a top 5 pick. I also think we have about 5 positions more pressing than safety right now. And finally I think the ONLY reason a lot of you want him is because he plays for your favorite school and know deep down he doesn't fill any pressing need right now.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu ...

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well that's 2 and considering there are 64 starting safeties in the NFL I still stand by what I said. Besides neither were drafted in the top 5.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

They're both game changers that have a direct impact on their team's performance. And knowing what we know now, I they would both be taken in the top five of their respective drafts.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Of course they would be but at the time neither were taken in the top 10. Just because there's two really good safeties in the NFL doesn't mean Berry will be one. Yea I would take an Ed Reed on this team but Berry isn't a guaranteed Ed Reed clone so I'll take the QB which we by far need the most. In fact, corner, linebacker, defensive end, and depth in all defensive positions are more pressing than a starting safety now, along with QB.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I still think we are better than the Rams, Lions, Browns, Chiefs, and Raiders. I figure we'll probably have the #4, 5, or 6 pick.

I think Locker and Mallett stay in school and Clausen declares. That leaves only 1 QB worth a top-10 pick.

If Suh and Clausen are both gone when we pick and Berry is still on the board, we almost have to take him. He's the safest pick and arguably the best player in the draft. It really doesn't matter that "safeties don't go in the top-5".

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're not going to get rid of Griffin or Hope, Berry is out of the question (unless Hope is a FA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar