2009 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Eddyc85, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 The KID

Why no love for Darrius Heyward-Bey?? He will probably still be available in late rounds, especially given what happend this past draft. He's fast, big, strong, and a workout machine! Titan's love workout warriors and apparently now we love speed too! this guy's perfect. I really think he will be the best WR out of that class. Maryland always has a beast player every other year or so (Merriman, Vernon Davis??, Podlesh, and ahmm...FRANK WYCHECK!) With DHB...gurantee back 2 back superbowls
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Right now I want Percy Harvin.
  3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

UPDATED!

No more complaining about where were picking. I question the order of a few other teams, Washington and Green Bay for example but a Washington/Tennessee Superbowl would be pretty good IMO. But yea I would take Harvin, I think I'd rather have Beckum but if he's gone Harvin is a nice alternative.
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Eh, the more I see of Harvin, the less I like him. He's got Peter Warrick written all over him. I'll pass.

We're not going to take a WR in the first round....again. We're going defense. I think it will be a DE or CB. We may need a DT, but as of right now, there aren't any that are 1st round prospects.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

:werd:

he's also incredible injury prone.

i've just accepted that we're not going to take a WR. i have two hopefuls right now; brian orakpo and marcus freeman.
  6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Orakpo is more than likely a top-10, maybe top-5 pick at this point, IMO. He's a more athletic, more into his body version of Vernon Gholston. He's a stud for sure. Scouts are going to fall in love with him at the combine. I like Freeman but he's probably not a first day guy.

My top 10 prospects for the Titans 1st round pick in '09 are:

1. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky (6'0, 190) -- Perfect guy to take over for Harper in 2010....maybe 2009. He's flying under the radar right now and hopefully it stays that way.

2. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma (6'5, 330) -- Best interior lineman to come out since Steve Hutchinson. I highly doubt he's there when the Titans pick, but the thought of having him, Roos, and Stewart on the same line is freakish.

3. Auston English, DE, Oklahoma (6'3, 255) -- Plays JUST like KVB. Need I say more? I think he fits our scheme better than guys like M. Johnson, Selvie, and Tyson Jackson. I think they all go in the top 20 anyway.

4. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest (5'9, 190) -- Kid can play. Like Lindley better though.

5. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC (6'2, 250) -- He's got a lot of hype, but I don't see him going as high as most say he goes. There's a chance he's around at the end of the first. I don't think we value the MLB position enough to take a look in the first round though.

6. Clint Sintim, ILB, Virginia (6'3, 253) -- Dude is a beast. Probably fits the 3-4 OLB mold best since he plays a lot like Merriman. Plays DE and backer at Virginia. Built just like Patrick Willis, which is always good. Not sure he's a first round guy though.

7. DeMarcus Granger, DT, NC State (6'2, 305) -- Probably the best DT in the country, but has character concerns. Not sure he will declare either.

8. Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati (6'0, 190) -- Ballhawk. I believe he led the nation in passes defensed last year.

9. Macho Harris, CB, Virginia Tech (6'0, 200) -- Good athlete and is always making plays. Also a good return guy. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Titans uni.

10. Terrance Cody, DT, Alabama (6'5, 380) -- Good God is this guy a monster. He may actually be too big. Him, Albert, and Jason Jones rotating with each other would give opposing linemen more fits than they already have.

SLEEPERS:

- Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly (6'6, 225) -- Has 30 catches for 666 yards and 8 TDs so far this season. Probably a 3-4 round pick. Next Brandon Marshall anyone? :thumb:

- Mike Parson, CB, Ohio (6'0, 195) -- Currently leads the nation in passes defensed. Worth a mid-round look.

- Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice (5'11, 190) -- Has the talent to be a first rounder, but is undersized and may post a slow 40 time at the combine.

- Vincent Oghobasse, DT, Duke (6'5, 315) -- Somewhat of a project, but is enormous and has the upside to match his size.

- Tyrone McKenzie, ILB, South Florida (6'2, 235) -- Big hitter. Plays hard.
  7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

Ramses Barden with 12 catches, 217 yards, and 2 TDs last night.

Could've done a lot more but didn't play much in the 2nd half because it was a blow-out....10 catches, 181 yards, and 2 TDs in the first half

This guy might play himself into being a day 1 pick. He's a giant, and obviously has some amazing talents. He dominates the D1-AA talent enough that it may translate well to the NFL. Smart kid too considering he goes to Cal-Poly.
  8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

Kenny Briit, WR, Rutgers.

I think this guy is the best WR in the draft. 6'4, 220, and athletic as hell. I didn't put him in the list because I've accepted the fact that the Titans won't take a WR in the first round. Keep an eye on him though....
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Crabtree no question.
  10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Thanks for the analysis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.