2008 Tightends

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I'd like to see us our draft looking something like

1. Manningham or D Jackson
    2. M. Bennett
    3. OG Eric Young

or
    1. DRC
    2. Top Available WR (Probably Adarius Bowman)
    3. Martin Rucker TE or Eric Young

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sounds familiar

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

To be fair, if we drafted Troupe in the 4th or 5th round, I'd be okay with the production we got out of him.

Disappointed that he didn't reach his potential because of the massive vacuum between his ears, but not concerned about the opportunity cost of a wasted early 2nd round pick.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If we get Crumpler, I wouldn't touch TE obviously. Crumpler, Scaife and Hartsock is a very good 3-deep group of TEs.

If we don't get Crumpler, I'd consider the kid from Purdue or the kid from Pittsburgh. The TE class is very thin this year and I don't ant us to reach in the earl rounds out of need.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Or maybe wait until next year and grab Beckum. :))

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Tamme is going to rise some on the draft boards especially if he can run a 4.6 or better. He is probably the closest thing to a Dallas Clarke type guy and I'd consider taking him as high as the 2nd round. None of those other guys are real impressive IMO.

The negative comments on Cottam are a little unjustified because of his injuries. I'd shy away from him until the later rounds because of his innjury history more than his ability.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I like Tamme as well and would love to have him here.

I go to school with his younger brother, hopefully he can give some inside info as draft time gets closer. If there is any, of course.

8. Tull

Tull Starter

I think Dustin Keller is a guy that is in the mold of a Dallas Clark. He is pretty quick and sure handed for a tight end. It really is rare to find a guy that can "stretch the field" and still be a good blocker.

9. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Starter

Id like to see the titans Draft Tamme, from what ive seen of him while going to the UK home games i think he would make a great Pro TE, and ive heard from my cousing at UK athletics office, is that the Titans are watching him pretty hard so...

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Tamme looked pretty good from what I saw today. He had the second fastest 40 (4.55ish) time and made a pretty good catch over his shoulders. Fred Davis didn't look very impressive. He didn't run the 40, and dropped 2 out of the 3 passes that I saw thrown to him. Also, John Carlson didn't run very well (4.93 I think), but I still like him.

Dustin Keller may very well be the first TE taken before it's all said and done. He's a freak athlete (highest vertical & fastest 40). But he's not a blocker so we'll probably shy away from him. Definitely a Dallas Clarkish spread-'em-out TE though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar