2006 Draft redux

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Found this on another board and thought it made for some interesting conversation:

Am I a shameless homer for thinking the Titans would still take VY (especially over proven loser Jay Cutler)? Probably. :grrhee:

Even though he's struggled I think Bush would still be top 10. I could see the Saints going with Hawk, Cromartie or Ryans at two. Would Colston rise up enough to be the first WR taken? I've got to think about this before I do my redone 06 top 10, but I thought I'd post it up now to get things rolling.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Apparently no one finds this as interesting as I do (either that or it's just a slow morning at goTitans... bit of both I suspect).

After some thought, here's my 2006 top 10

01) Houston - Mario Williams
    02) New Orleans - Joseph Addai
    03) Tennessee - Vince Young
    04) NYJets - Marcus McNeil
    05) Green Bay- AJ Hawk
    06) San Francisco - Devin Hester
    07) Oakland - Reggie Bush (you know Davis couldn't pass on Regis)
    08) Buffalo - Demeco Ryans
    09) Detroit - Maurice Jones Drew
    10) Arizona - Jay Cutler

Thought about Cutler going to the Lions and MJD to the Cards...

I think Hester is interesting; how high do you take him based solely on his special teams brilliance? Pretty damn high I'm thinking. I can't see him making it out of the top 10 picks.

How high would Lendale go in a redo? Ahead of Maroney?

3. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

i think the titans would have been better off taking cutler

and i also dont think hester would go until the late first because he still doesnt play a position

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Special teams count too you know. I'd almost go so far as to say no 2006 draftee has had a greater impact than Hester. It's not just Hester's TDs, but his impact on field position. Throw away his stats on offence and I think he's still worthy of a top 10 pick (easily).

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

yeah we'll take a diabetic, inconsistant QB over a faster, more efficient one who won ROY honors

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Texans - Super Mario
    'Aints - DeMarco Ryans
    Titans - VY (he's way better than Leinart and more potential than Cutler)
    Jets - McNeil
    Packers - AJ Hawk
    49rs - Colston
    Oakland - Hester (flash)
    Bills - Ngata
    Lions - Cutler
    Cardinals - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No one has Texas taking VY?

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Super Mario has worked out too well. Besides, if they hadn't gotten Schaub before the draft, they could have drafted Quinn the Eskimo.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anyone who can't find 10 players better than bush from that draft needs to do some research. He has not even been an average runner. The Qbs still take the day here given vince's running ability and cutler's solid play. Anyone who bashes cutler is ignorant.

1. Williams
    2. Cutler
    3. Vince
    4. Ryans
    5. Ngata
    6. Colston
    7. Hester
    8. hawk
    9. Mcneil
    10. addai

These are my rankings of players not guessing who would draft whom.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah sure cutler's inconsistent.:sad2: Only back to back 88 passing ratings.

Cutler was 12th among starting QBs in passing rating this year and was 8th last year. Boy does he suck!

Cutler's career passing rating 88.3.

Tom brady's career passing rating prior to 2007. 88.4.

Cutler's 88 rating was better than brady's rating in 4 of his seasons and cutler as a rookie last year had a higher passing rating than brady did in 06. 88.5 vs 87.9. Cutler as a rookie had a better passing rating than brady. A better passing rating than tom brady!

Feel foolish? You all should..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar