2002 draft for perspective...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2002/2002-Rankings.php

Want to get depressed? Check out draft countdown's rankings for the 2002 draft. It's not about draft countdown i was looking up something else and just came upon this but look at what a weak draft this was especially at QB. God help us if this draft is like that one.

Only QB worth a damn was taken in the 4th rd, David Garrard. Garrard was the 10th pick in the 4th. Carr and Harrington busts!

There were some gems in that draft like Ed Reed and draft countdown got it right at DT. But man any team trying to rebuild from that draft most likely came up dry.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kurt Kittner! What a beast!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The book on Kittner ..

Good size, adequate arm with good mobility.

He played one season, started 4 games. the Falcons were 1-3 in those games and his passing rating was 32.

Fell like a rock before draft time. For good reason.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The defensve ends were excellent in that draft. Maybe we can learn from that because that is the strongest position this year. Peppers(2), Freeney(11), Grant(25) all great picks. Alex Brown had a good career for the bears and the Colts got some good miledge out of Triplett and Brock who were both taken that year.

Kampman was a late pick and you have some servicable guys like Rocky Bernard and Carlos Hall who we got very late.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Jake Schifino...what a steal that was.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Decent WR draft:

Ashley Lelie, Hawaii
    Donte' Stallworth, Tennessee
    Josh Reed, L.S.U.
    Antonio Bryant, Pittsburgh
    Reche Caldwell, Florida
    Javon Walker, Florida St.
    Jabar Gaffney, Florida
    Andre' Davis, Virginia Tech
    Tim Carter, Auburn
    Antwaan Randle-El, Indiana
    Deion Branch, Louisville
    David Givens, Notre Dame

No superstars, but all decent.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember exactly where I was when we drafted Haynesworth that year. I was at my little cousins birthday party, and got a call from a buddy watching the draft. When I learned Haynesworth fell to us, I was jumping up and down in the street.

Looking back at that draft, it's funny that the Redskins had the 32nd pick.

8. JCBRAVE

Javon Walker was something for a short while. Aside from us snatching Haynesworth, seeing all those WR's come off the board early was also something I remember. When was it that Minnesota forgot to pick? The following draft?

9. JCBRAVE

This QB class IMO compares more favorably to the 2003 class than the 2002 group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar