1st round: 3 best & 3 worst

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Best

1) #5 Eric Berry- Chiefs. Multiple ProBowl Career. Top 5 Safety.

2) #8 Rolando Mclain- Raiders. They finally don't completely f up.

3) #18 Maurkice Pouncey- Steelers. Future top5 interior lineman.

Worst

1) #10 Tyson Alualu- Jags. Baffling. The GM is paid off for failure to guarantee the move to LA.

2) #12 Ryan Mathews- Chargers. Not elite RB. This is way too high for this caliber runner.

3) #22 Demariyus Thomas- Broncos. Not elite WR. This is way too high for this caliber receiver.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I disagree with the Demariyus Thomas, I think he's a good player. He could easily be the best WR this year.

I think worst should have Tebow.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mcclain was a reach.

Tyson who?

Tebow was a massive reach.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I thought the Raiders sucked it up again... not as bad as last year though. That was priceless... drafting Heyward-Bey at #7 when they could have drafted down and got him around #25. I remember his face when they drafted him... he wasn't very happy about it.

I thought the Lions and Seahawks both had a solid first round.

5. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

I tend to think of it as a team draft so im gonna go by my 3 favorite draft by teams and my 3 least fav.

Good day
    1) 49ers- Two Line contributors that could solidify the O and make the run game match their Defense. AKA Titans Circa Pre-C.J.
    2) Titans- i liked graham to us but we didnt grab jpp and that was one of my biggest concerns. Fish seems high on him and Wash can work with his high motor
    3) Chiefs- Eric Berry at any pick is lucky....of course i attend UT so im biased

Bad day
    1)jags-i dont even know what to say
    2) Broncos-Tebow isnt gonna fit there and they got a very risky WR that may not be able to hold marshall's jockstrap
    3) Lions- I love Suh and I think Best will be an ok back as long as too much isnt expected of him.....that being said another 1st round went by where the O line was not addressed. When Best has a concusion, Staffords in a wheelchair, and Suh is spending 40+ minutes each game trying to completely shut down offenses so that the Lion's low scoring O can win some games, send all the hate mail to Backus and his line.

Let me know what yall think.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Lions were very solid. Suh and Best are nice pickups.

I think the Dez Bryant to Cowboys pick as well.

7. Alex1939

I think Mcclain will have a good NFL career. Maybe he could've went mid 1st round. But I give the Raiders credit because they have been so horrible in every decision, and this finally seems like a good decision to me, a good future probowler.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not surprised Berry is in your top 3.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

best
    1. cowboys- dez bryant at their pick was the steal of the day.
    2. jets- if nothing else, the jest got a good return man/nickle back
    3. colts- jerry hughes fits perfectly into what they do and they got him for basically a second round pick.

worst
    1. jags- alualu is a guy they could have gotten around 20
    2. denver- tim tebow is not a pro quarterback
    3. san fransisco- i dont think you can justify taking mike iupati in the first round unless you think he is going to be this decade's larry allen.

10. Alex1939

I'm 100% biased.

I also considered the Chiefs taking a OT over a playmaker like Berry a big mistake, they get points for making the right choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar