Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

1000 Characters :(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,498
    You can change the limit to anything, I believe. I know I can up the number of PMs allowed. I have a post in the software forum now to find out about any negative server impact.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,498
    Just took it to 1500. Let's see how it goes. I also have it set up where a window pops up when you log on and have a PM in your box.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    How about a Kate Walsh voice msg that says 'hey sex machine,you have mail'.:yes:
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,498
    I'm on it. :brow:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    Make it 2000, Titanpride needs it for his threatening PMs.

1000 or 2000 doesn't really bother me, just his PMs are taking up space in my inbox.
  1. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Thanks for the change. I also almost always go over the limit... guess I'm just wordy... Any chance of upping the limit from 50 to store?
  2. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. And certainly worthy of Big Kahuna status.

[IMG]
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,536
    Some people need to invest in instant messenger. Or, even better, Gmail has 3.5 gigs you can use, and it's a better service than our pm system here.
    Just sayin'.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    Great idea Gloat...if you have an address to send to. ;)

I could almost understand the server crash problem, except for all the gifs, jpegs and animations crowding up the bandwidth around here. Sure, it's neato, but I'm on high-speed and this page loads slow, and my iMac fan revs up.

Since we're in suggestion mode, I'd like this board to recognise when it's being accessed with a cell phone, and be surfable that way. I can do it with others...they just come up as simple text. This one translates everything that appears on this page :irked:
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,498
    Surfing from a cell phone? I've not experimented with that but I assume the newer forum software may be a bit more friendly towards that.

I think Elfie uses a Blackberry to post to the forum. I don't know if she has problems with it or not.

Most likely, to make the forum a better place for the cell, we'd need to limit html a lot more than we do now.

Avvie, when the page loads slow, just look a bit more out the window. I'd give up a little load time for your view. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.