Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 1, 2011.
Why? The jet fuel burned away immediately. Did nothing.
That is cool though.
It was the heat of the burning jet fuel that saturated and weakened the structural framework of the buildings causing them to fall..
Might try that sometime..
If you haven't already tried them - check out flaglercafe.com
Backyard. I have a sanctuary in my backyard I've been working on for 15 years. There are feeding stations, nesting stations, NO cats, lots of trees. I have squirrel stations too and have managed it to where the squirrel's don't raid the bird stations.
The birds are very trusting now and will fly in right next to you where I have a couple park benches to sit next to a St. Francis of Assisi grotto.
I have different types of feed and have quite a variety of birds, seen some rare ones. One summer I had a parrot that kept coming in, but I never saw him again.
This spring I was sitting out there and all of a sudden the birds quickly flew off and became silent, then I looked up and a Coopers Hawk landed on one of my tree tops and peered around for a minute. He landed in my yard one more time since, and I've seen him circle over a couple other times. Native Americans see a hawks visit as a good sign/omen, that someone is watching over you. I think it is a message from my mother, who was the only person who ever looked over me and protected me in life.
BTW ,it would be interesting to see the Taboo version of this thread...
I used to party on Old Hickory Lake on the water right by his house. Have driven by several times since his death blaring Johnny Cash from my boat.
Also had an ex-girlfriend whose entire family used to do cleaning for the Cash's.
It's a shame it burned down.
I do a lot of bird feeding as well.. Our company has a small line of organic wild bird foods.. When i get home I'll send you some. While most of my day job revolves around parrots I prefer seeing the birds flying locally. You getting buntings at your place? I have a resident coopers hawk that makes a meal out of a dove about once a month in my back yard.. The occasional appearnce of a quaker parrot as well. Used to have a great spread of bluebirds at the house but too much sprawl in the area has done away with that. My property in the woods is loaded with them still, along with the big woody woodpeckers and other reclusive birds..
Good to know someone else here digs the birdies..
Never lived next to Johnny Cash but I did back up to Rodney Crowell for a few years and saw The Cashes on occasion. His grandkids stole my damn suet feeder!
knowing someone famous doesnt make you cool.
1. My older brother by 4 years died of Menigitis in September of his 11th year.
In September of my 11th year I almost died from Menigitis.
Had 14 injections in one day. Kind of scared my parents.
2.Have broken 13 bones,two ligaments/tendons and torn a rotator cuff in my 43 years.
3. Met Princess Diana,Ryan Giggs,George Clooney,Michael Bisping,Roddy McDowell,RobReiner,Micheal Schumaker and.................... Creeping Cruds.
4. Have taken 5 different kinds of illicit drugs. Not big or clever but no regrets.
5. Eluded the police in a high speed chase.
6. Have seen Mount Everest.
7. Had an STD. Caught it while high the night I lost my virginity.
Not much life can throw at you that you can't laugh about later.
8. Have on different occasions drug free;swam a mile,ridden a bike for 114 miles in a day, ran 13 miles, cleaned & pressed more than my own bodyweight,benched 1.5 times my bodyweight,squated twice my body weight, deadlifted 2.5 times my body weight.
I doubt I'm stronger than Keith Bulluck though.
9. My 3 oldest friends are a cop, steroid dealer and an ex con.
Poker nights are interesting.
10. Have a 6 week old son name Sawyer.
Who claimed it does ?