Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston St

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Mar 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

This kid doesn't seem to be ranked very high at all on many of the draft big boards and I'm not sure why not.

In his career he has had 13 INTS and 6 forced fumbles....I really like the forced fumbles number because that tells me he is trying to make plays on the ball at all times.

He is 6'2" and ran a 4.33 40yd at the combine....that is solid, but I'm not hung up on 40 times...what I really really look at for CBs is their 3 cone time and short shuttle times....this kid knocked them out of the park running a 6.48 3 cone drill (fastest at the combine) and then a 3.94 short shuttle....anything below 4 is amazing. He also had a 39.5" vertical too.

So he has production in college and is taller than normal for a CB, but has the change of direction skills normally seen in your speediest slot WRs.

I'll be surprised if his name doesn't get more talk as the draft draws closer.

#1 Titans2004, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Interesting that he was a 3 star recruit that committed to Utah.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

He’s one of those guys that PFF ranks super high for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar