Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

There's just something a little off about the guy, can't quite put my finger on it...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

EWWWW

That is not the face of a franchise player.

Next.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Oh but we don't need to hit a homerun on a QB? Makes sense.

He has ONE season of production so I don't think you can call him proven. That along with his arrests and injury are keeping him from being a first rounder. He's lucky if he goes in the second.

Stature and playing style are two different things. He plays nothing like Big Ben.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. Every year, there are so many QBs that fans fall in love with.. end up falling til the late rounds.. and never see the light of day in the NFL.
    Barkley, Landry Jones, Mallett, Stanzi, McElroy, Dan LeFevour, Tyler Wilson, Dennis Dixon, Booty, Colt Brennan all got some hype coming up, to do not much to nothing in the NFL.

If we're lucky, 1 or 2 of these QBs from this draft will end up being a success.

The odds of the 5th (or so) best QB being the best of them are slim.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398443938.255259.jpg

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

5 games so what?

Take away his 3 games against UAB, Kent State, and Furman and his season stats are 2,208 yds 11 tds and 6 ints.

9 games of 2,208 yds 11 tds and 6 ints. I'm not impressed. He had one good game against Georgia and that was it. You have 2 possible day 1 WR's and a day 2 RB and that's all you can produce outside of your fluff games. That along with his off the field concerns and injury I think I'll pass.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Did I comment? I don't really have a huge hard on for the guy. Just posted some stats.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

What am I supposed to assume when you post stats about a guy that shine a positive light on him but don't tell the whole story?

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Size and arm strength, that's what Mett is. The rest of his game is pretty shaky.

-Tends to over throw guys, he just let's the ball sail on his receivers every once in a while. If he can improve this then that would be a step in the right direction. His on ball placement is pretty questionable as well. I've seen him make some great throws but other times he throw behind the guy or another throw where the WR has a low chance of YAC after catching it.

-Pocket presence is awful. Doesn't move around in the pocket, really at all. Either he can't sense pressure or he senses it but doesn't do anything about it. Either way, it's bad. Easy QB to disrupt and if he has a shaky OL then the defense will have a field day. Hardly ever seem him step into throws unless his pocket is totally clean.

-His arm strength bails him out a lot, I'm not sure how that's going to work in the NFL. I'm sure he can make every throw but his game relies heavily on him being able to fit it in there. He's protects the ball well but he's also lucky to not have about 5 more interceptions on the stat sheet.

-If you have a chance go watch his game against UGA this past year, probably the best game of his career. Then go pop in the tape against Alabama, then you'll see why so many knock him on his pocket presence and cement feet.

Overall: Hard to turn down one of the strongest arms in the draft. Cam Cameron rejuvenated his NFL prospects after a bad first season at LSU. I can see Mett being a good NFL QB, especially if he gets the ball placement issues fixed but on the other hand I could just as easily see him fail. Him and Murray are the two guys I have the hardest time determining if they have that "it factor". I think he's a mid round QB and with that being said I don't want him as a Titan. If we're going QB I prefer to go in the 1st round, maybe 2nd if one of the top guys slips. I think he's a safe draft choice just based on size and arm alone but he needs to put the rest of his game together, which will be the gamble.

10. Danimal

Danimal Starter

If the Titans get the best players available for their first two picks, which I hope they do, then what's left in the fourth is what we are looking at. I think at fourth or lower we are taking a chance with any quarterback. I'd prefer we just gamble a later pick. If Locker is out then we go early on a quarterback next year. The Wiz needs a year to see what he has all over the field; not just at qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar