Zach Mettenberger confident he'd beat out any QB at #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I don't think Mett is injury prone in the same way Locker is. Locker has a way of contorting his body to take hits in the absolute most awkward and brutal ways. And on top of that, he is just fragile.

I don't think Mett has either of those problems. With that said, I would challenge ANYONE to sit like a statue in the pocket while also not seeing pressure well, and try to survive 16 games. Not happening.

That in and of itself is a type of injury prone, I guess. Mett would need an elite offensive line to play like he is now. Even then, it would be a tall task.

He will not make it unless he figures out how to move in the pocket and sense pressure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fix the interior line.

Mett adjusts much more often to the outside rush than he can up the middle. I noticed this several times last season. He moved around great to avoid the edge rush, on many occasions. When it comes up the middle, he gets scared. Maybe due to his injury, maybe trying to make too big of a play, or many different options. That is where he struggles and gets the reputation for being a statue.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

ITT Zach Mettenbackup is dumb as ****.

If we take a QB at #2, Zach will be off to the side tossing the ball around with the raccoon and kickers.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Man, you may be right, but I just didn't see it.

When he wasn't getting blindsided, he was turtling up when he had room to step up.

When he did step up, he didn't step far enough and got the ball knocked out of his hand. Don't get me wrong, the interior line was terrible, but I didn't see him avoiding ANY type of rush very well.

5. Alzarius

Im not saying he is the answer, but he can move better than people remember. I watched him on NFL rewind last season and most of the times when he looked pathetic, was when the pressure was up the middle.

I also watched WR's not getting open before the pressure got to him. If we do not address WR in a serious way this off season, then we are relying on Hunter to step up. We need someone who can get open.

We really have no way to judge Mett other than did he show enough. I dont believe he showed enough, but I did see glimpses of someone who could be a solid QB. Maybe not a top 5 talent, but someone who could get the job done IF he had the team around him.

It may not be perfect, but its better than we have had in a long time. If Whiz and RW think that one of the other two are better than Mett, then I wont complain too much. Its just not the route I would prefer to go.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Zach Mettenberger couldn't avoid a two legged turtle coming off the edge.

7. Alzarius

Dont become one of "those" fans.........

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's nowhere near as injury prone.

Whiz is an idiot and is the reason he got hurt in the first place. Down by a million in the 4th against the Giants with no protection from the garbage OL whatseover, and Whiz's genius ass leaves Mett in there to die.

Count to 2 after the snap and Mett is dead. It's the OL's fault. Idk how people can't see that. When Mett had time in the pocket, he looked pretty good. Funny how that works, huh? It was like Romo with the Cowboys... Their OL is elite and he becomes elite.

In fact, it's like every QB in the league. Peyton blows ass when his protection sucks. Same with Brady.

Once again, not saying Mett is a franchise QB or anything like that, but there wasn't a single other rookie QB from last season that would've done any better under these circumstances. And I say this as someone who wanted Bridgewater at #11 and someone who didn't think Mett was worth a pick until the 4th-5th round. I thought he was a steal in the 6th. And even if he is just a backup, he's still a steal in the 6th IMO.

People confuse me defending Mett with being in love with him. I'm not. I've already said at this point, I'd take Winston if he's there at #2.

#28 RavensShallBurn, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I have zero faith that Zach Mettenberger is the long term answer at QB and would rather the team move on now before force feeding me another 6-8 weeks of Mettenbackup before he gets crushed and put out for the year.

I will also continue to make jokes about him

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I don't want us to go QB either at 2. Roll with the 6th rounder and go D. Any chance Tampa skips on a signal caller?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar