Zach Ertz anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’d rather sign Jonnu to a deal with an 8 mil cap hit than trade for Ertz and his 8 mil cap hit.

Firkser/Pruitt/Swaim did a solid job last yr. If we can resign that trio I would be fine with that as long as we spend money to either keep CD or sign another solid #2 WR.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I personally believe Jonnu is worth an 8mil contract... we just dont need him, so let someone else pay his contract.

I think he is untapped potential and can be one of the top TEs in the league, but we dont need that, we need what we have, solid hands and good blockers for a lot cheaper.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

HUH? We don’t need it?

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Ertz is from my neck of the woods / probably best football player ever from this area ha so I’d be down; but like many are saying he’s on the wrong side of his career now. Jonnu is about ready to hit his best prime years while Ertz is coming down off his.

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

FirkShow, Swaim and Pruitt played very well for us. I’m good with spending big money elsewhere, let’s say .........pass rush

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Yeah, I don't mind losing jonnu smith, either. I think firksker is just as good if not better AND he is more important in the offense.
    Jonnu is just a luxury that I would rather spend on some defensive help and corey davis.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

A TE to keep an eye on is Cameron Brate...he could be released...good hands, won't cost alot

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't expect him to be released but he'd be a nice pickup for the right price.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Depends on OJ Howard, Gronk sounds like he is re-signing so he could be the odd one out.

Keep One: Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate or O.J. Howard?

Tampa Bay is expected to bring tight end Rob Gronkowski back for a second season, although he is currently set to hit the market on Mar. 17. At 31 years old and after earning $9.25 million last season, he could certainly take a small pay cut, but it is unlikely that he earns a new contract while both tight ends Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard count for at least $6 million against the cap, apiece.

One of Brate and Howard, if not both, could be on their way out of Tampa Bay as such. Whether it be via release as cap casualties or in potential trades, this is the harsh side of the business and it isn't practical to spend... let's call it a projected $20 million per season among three tight ends.

#69 Ontario Titan, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I would assume they would let o.j. go, he's never seemed to be very well utilized there. I wouldn't mind him either assuming he's cheap

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar