Your overall thoughts on the Titans draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I loved this draft from top to bottom.

Britt - Seems like a very gifted athlete...only thing that worries me is the questions about his hands. That is one thing I'd rather not have to worry about anymore. Best WR that was on the board though and whether he is a bust or not you can't blame Titans for taking him.

Marks - I actually like him more than most people seem to. I think injuries really hampered him with Auburn and he has a chance to really shine given time. Knock on him is that his motor isn't always 100%...same things were said about haynesworth (and it was true) I think our coaches can get him motivated. Him and JJ will compliment each other nicely.

Cook - Oh man I REALLY like this pick. Athletic ability of Troupe but with the hands of Scaife. Such an important ingredient to our offense. Only knock is his blocking experience...you can teach that...good hands and athletic ability you cannot. Very nice pick up.

I like all the picks this year for the most part...the only other real notable one to me right now is Ringer...like what I've seen and think he will contribute right away. This offense is going to be very good next year. I can't wait. :yes:

2. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Happy.

I give us a B+ ... but only time will tell.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

B+ also.

Love every pick. I'm a little concerned we are going to have a DE gap in one to two years- it would have been the perfect draft IMO if we had gotten a starting caliber DE- but honestly I can't think of one that would have been of better value than the guys we drafted.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think DE is in pretty good shape with Hayes, Ford, Ball and if we had gone after a decent DE we would have done it at the expense of another position. Now we can see what Ford and Hayes have after this year and if necessary add DE to the priority list next year.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think they are all excellent rotation guys, I just haven't seen any of them play a majority of snaps. Kearse is gone (most likely) after next year and I think KVB is RFA after this year.

But I agree that there just wasn't any DE higher ranked overall than the players we picked. I can't think of any thing I would do any different.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Don't see KVB leaving unless Snider decides he needs him too complete his collection or something

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

what draft?

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think it was a good weekend for the team. Just the fact that they added so much speed on offence made it a good draft as far as I was concerned.

9. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I also agree I thought the Titans had a solid draft for the most part. Eric ALlen on ESPN thought the Titans did not do enough for the draft to make noise but of course the Colts did. Last night on SportingNews Radio the guy listed every team in the AFC South as having great picks except us. Whatever though, i keep hearing about the drops with Britt but I think he will make up for it with hard work down the stretch. Overall grade a SOLID B. But I grade hard so its a good thing.

10. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Very excited about this year. Got Kerry some weapons now let's see what we do with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar