Your First-Pick.com draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CalgaryTitansFan, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Tell me our team isn't complete with that draft

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I read he ran 4.34 at UL facility. How much faster should he be?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think you can all cross RB off draft needs with the Lewis signing.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Round 1 Pick 25: James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25: Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 25: Averett, Anthony, CB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 25: Fumagalli, Troy, TE, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 5 Pick 25: Norton, Kendrick, DT, Miami (FL) (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 25: Weaver, Mike, K, Wake Forest (B-)

I honestly think the combo of james and cyp could benefit us at ilb. We'd have woodyard, brown, cyp and james playing that position depending on the situation. Averett, gives us flexibility at db. Byard, ryan and butler are all solid starters and averett, cyp, james, jackson and sims are all good compliments. Would allow us to have flexibility in 5, 6 or even 7 db situations. Okoronkwo, would push dodd, rak and morgan for pt, always a good thing with pass rushers. Fumagalli would secure te3 and demand pt based off of his talents. Norton is a gamble, but a beast that would work well in rotation and maybe be a staple, imo. I drafted weaver last because he's one of by bedt friends little bros, honestly. It'd be awesome if he played here, known the dude for years. Also, look his youtube videos up, he can hit deep kicks with both feet, he can also punt really well and he's a shifty former soccer player.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...when UL announces he ran whatever, don't put anything into it. When he runs it with a zillion scouts timing him...we'll have a better number. And by the way...in that announcement, Jackson was a little slower than Jaire Alexander. Alexander avg about a 4.40 at the combine so it's unlikely Jackson will get into 4.3 range.

Most importantly, the team that takes Jackson will have to tailor their offense to him and his specific skillset if they want him to be successful...much like Houston changed their entire offense for Watson. If someone makes him a movement qb with a lot of rpo's, rollouts and opportunities for him to run...it can work...if he doesn't get hurt. You're gambling on an inconsistent accuracy in favor of explosive plays because he's an explosive athlete who can make plays himself or buy time for off script plays.

Problem for us is he'll have a lot more to learn than Mariota yet expecting to back him up with few reps during the year? I wouldn't spend a first or second round pick on that when we can get full time starters at those spots that can help us win now!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'll be very surprised if James gets past the 10-15 range. Can't see him falling to 25! I like Oronkwo as a player, but he's short, small, and slow (40 time) for a 3-4. I think he'll fall to round 3. Not a great fit for our D unless we move him to ILB and I'm not sure how he'd do there in a 3-4.

I think we'd take a starting ILB before adding depth at cb in Averett.

I think we'd address interior OL before taking depth DL unless we get a starting NT.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm glad you're not our gm. Lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I can't quote 2 in 1 post, but this is for gut and j faulk.

I was taking bpa no matter what in this scenario. I didn't base my picks off of anything else. I know we have 3 cbs, but averett was there and i didn't like my other options, so i sured up our secondary. Which includes flexible players, like averett. James being picked ahead of averett gives us even more flexibility at db and ilb, imo (james and cyp can play here), and if james some how falls to 25, we have to take him. Okoronkwo, is one of those guys that just gets the job done, he reminds me of elvis dumervil. I think with him and dodd behind rak and morgan, we would have a solid, not great, but solid olb group.

Those picks weren't there to take an ilb or oline depth, gut. So again i went with bpa, imo. Like i said with james and averett being picked, i think ilb is covered between cyp and james. But, i do agree, we need more oline help after this draft.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Okoronkwo reminds me of Dumervil too...but Dodd not where we want him to be and taking a big chance on a slow, short and slow lb is probably not the move.

Cyp and James would not pkay ilb...would replace one ilb in sub packages but in our base d, whos playing next to Woodyard...and whos backing up Woodyard?

We dont need Averett and this is why a bpa strategy doesnt work. Would you draft a franchise qb if he was the highest rated player on your board? Of course not. You have to use your draft currency (picks and value of those picks) to move around the board to match the value of your picks with the value of the players youre trying to get (especially at positions youd like to upgrade).

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Never a good ILB available. I love the draft, but leaves a big hole on the roster. Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 11.25.58 AM.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar