Your 7 Round Mock for the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

We already have a very good 3 down DT and an excellent pass rushing DT in Klug but after that it gets ugly. I think 2 would be a waste since Klug is going to get his snaps on passing downs and Casey has planted himself firmly as our #1 DT. That is 2 guys that do a very good job at what is asked of them. We need an extra guy because Klug is more of a situational guy and not full-time not taking away anything from him as he is very good at what he does. Smith and Marks on on the chopping block I see one if not both cut and a rookie will obviously be added so that means Casey, Klug, Rookie are safe with Smith, Marks, Clayton(I think he makes the 4th spot), and Divens to battle it out. Competition will be very good for our interior and only make us better I'm pulling for Clayton though.

I hope Marks and Smith are both cut they suck. Douzable is not a full-time end he is a tweener and situational guy who excels at run stopping not pressuring off the edge full-time. Shepard will likely be gone with a rookie likely getting picked and Egboh could get caught in a numbers game. Maybe PS again.

I like Hill too he's pretty raw but he will give us a deep threat immediately and insurance if Britt can't stay healthy and if Britt does stay healthy holy weapons for Locker.

I love the Fugger pick I hope we take him for hybrid looks and to improve our pass rush he is one of my favorite sleepers. I'm high on Martin and Saulsberry but think we have to take each a round sooner but who knows at this point. I would be alright with Owusu I think he spends the year on our PS if we take him don't like Fletcher I would rather see Leonard Johnson, Menzie, or Minnifield. Kendricks wouldn't be my first choice unless we are assuming David and Wagner are gone but I like him as well. I'm nitpicking but overall I really like your draft as well.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Walterfootball has us going Poe now. Just throwing that out there.

3. patitansfan10

I saw that don't think he gets past teams like KC and Dallas who need a nose.

I like the Lavonte David pick

4. The Playmaker

Agreed

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

That mock is pretty solid IMO, would rather have Gilmore or Kirkpatrick in the first though. I like the David and Martin picks.

6. patitansfan10

Yeah I would not be mad at all can't see us taking 2 DT's like that would rather see us grab Criner there in the third or a center if thats how it played out the rest I could get behind.

Poe would be a huge upside player and keep blockers off our LB's which would be rediculous with David who does better when he can use his instincts and run around like a younger Derek Brooks. Criner would give us a big WR if Kenny goes down and another weapon for Locker. I like the Johnson, Gradkowski, Owusu picks. last pick should be whatever position we don't address in the 3rd WR or O-Line and I'm happy. Dale Moss or Vlachos maybe....would rather take Fugger over Owusu too and get him in the 7th if we really like him or as an UDFA cause he would love to come here

I'm word vomiting as I look over it. This wait is too much I wish the draft was this Thursday

7. gran54

gran54 Starter

Agreed, can't get here soon enough. I like the Derek Brooks analogy btw.

8. The Playmaker

I don't know what I'll do after the draft. I've been waiting for so long my mind will go blank after that weekend.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be cool with Poe.

Honestly i'd be happy with almost any draft if we go DE, CB, DT, C in the first 4 rounds (unless a WR falls to us).

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't want Poe, being from Memphis you figured you would have heard something about this guy. Not once had I heard anything about the guy until the combine.

I'm sorry, but if you live in the town he plays in, and have never heard of the guy, I would pass. He may have the credentials to be a first rounder, but he does not have the production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar