Young's throwing motion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I have heard ESPN try to pick apart Young with his throwing motion, but after watching the Steelers this weekend I noticed that Ben has almost exactly the same motion. If he can do good in the NFL, why not Young?

2. LiLPrince215

LiLPrince215 Guest

Yeah... ESPN also said that USC was going to kill Texas in the rose bowl...

V. Young is going to be a great quarterback. I think he will be a great addition to the Titans, because McNair can continue giving V. Young pointers specially since they play so much alike and mcnair has been a mentor for young. Plus, McNair has no more then 2 or 3 years left in him... In those 2-3 years, we can get V. Young developed, then have him start.

ESPN is the media... When was the last time the media was 100% right?

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If you haven't been already, welcome to the site, guys.

I think Young learning behind McNair would be ideal for us. Some think Leinart would be, and it makes sense as well, since we have Chow, but Chow also worked with Philip Rivers at N.C. State, and he has a similar delivery to Young, Roethlisberger, Favre, etc. I think Young will be fine in the NFL, and could benefit from the time to learn. I'd hate to see him thrust into a starting position in Houston or New Orleans. Houston could let him sit behind Carr if they wanted, but there would likely be friction there, for obvious reasons. Carr doesn't seem like he's ready to be in the mentoring stage of his career yet.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the big deal about his delviery is it's low. big deal, the guy is 6'5". i'd understand if he was 6'0" like mike vick.

5. I think his throwing motion is coacheable and besides he has the best legs in the draft, and loves McNair too.
    DRAFT VINCE!!

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Young has other issues besides throwing motion such as not having to drop back from center in college. Certainly all these things can be coached up but these are issues when you are considering taking a guy #3 in the draft and passing on some other potentially great players.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i watched the Rose Bowl (again) today

I only saw Vince under center ONCE - that's an issue

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

McNair managed to learn how to do it. Is taking a snap under center and dropping back that difficult a thing to learn?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you'd think not
    but even Vince's shotgun stance looks odd, he stands sideways

and it took Steve quite some time to develop a good drop

it just adds to Vince's "risk" factor

(i won't hesitate to draft him though if he's at #3)

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was just watching the senior bowl on nfl network. they interviewed norm chow and he said something to the tune of "i've never believed in changing a qb's throwing motion."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar