Young's mother says Titans QB needs 'love and support'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It makes absolutely perfect sense.

Because 1) the guy has already threatened to retire after his second season, which shows he's too immature to be in the NFL and 2) because I want the team to win, which is going to involve having leadership.

But maybe I am over-reacting. Perhaps you can enlighten me by pointing me towards another QB who kept a winning record while whining about not wanting to play any more because he got exposed as not being 'Superman' after all?

2. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

VY, no matter what happens, we all loved your Rose Bowls:

Texas 38 Michigan 37
    Texas 41 USC 38

Longhorn legend!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think he's very serious about wanting to retire.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I feel like he stormed off, bought chicken wings, hung out, watched the game, and that was it. No big deal to him. But his friends and family felt as though peeling out in his car was not good, and rightfully so, and decided to check up on him. I just don't see these actions as out of the ordinary. Peeling out in your car, I agree, not a cool thing. But the rest of it, pretty normal stuff to get away. I think he got upset at any number of things, possibly being injured, and that is that.

I think the sports psychologist has a job to do, and she is always going to dig into the obvious wounds, but does it indicate a problem, not to me. It's just an indication of what anybody would feel when being booed. it sucks. It wasn't clear to me that the psych thought he needed help.

The mother, same thing.

The thing that bothers me is that the police have a 24 hour rule when someone is missing. They don't go looking. So I'm a little confused on that. I think the notoriety certainly does change things tho'. But maybe it shouldn't.

I also wonder how the police tracked him down. How did that happen? There was no means by which to find him...It is just a curious thing for me.

I'm aware that there is a lot of smoke here. But in my life, I've seen smoke before, and yet no fire. People get mad all the time, but nothing to it, it blows off.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

The biggest issues for me:
    1. Wanting to retire because he can't handle the negativity
    2. Skipping his MRI on Monday

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Another QB doing it is irrelevant. It's a damn game man, how does this affect your life to be so damn angry about?

7. teegee

teegee Guest

The three things that stick out to me from this article are:

1. Young indicated to people around him he doesn't want to play anymore

2. Young ignored the team's request to get an MRI on Monday

3. The Titans are ready to turn the team over to Kerry Collins, possibly for the rest of the season

This sounds like this is going to end in an ugly divorce between the player and team.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How many games do you follow this closely, Gunny?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As in other sports?

NFL, AFL (Aussie Rules), NRL (Rugby), NBA and Cricket.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

When I read those statements in the article they jumped out at me, but I saw them as inferences, with no support. They seemed leading to me. Possibly true, but leading, so I didn't take them seriously. They were more or less authored with no evidentiary support in my opinion.

1. had no support.
    2. the word 'ignored' bothered me. I wondered if that were really true.
    3. I saw this as leading one to a conclusion that is not there. As in he is being replaced because of poor play or emotional instability, not injury. When it really is because of injury and he will get his job back according to the coaches. It's just very misleading when put in the context of the article. At least in my opinion. I was more disturned by the other statement that the team was willing to move on without him. Again, true, but misleading in the context of the article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar