Young Wants to Pass First, Run Second

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though QB Vince Young has proven to be a threat running the football as he was against the Colts, he wants to make sure he works through his passing options before running with the football. "Most of the time when he's right on the progression, he's going to throw the football," Coach Jeff Fisher said. Even in a situation where he had minimal carries as he did Sunday against the Redskins, there is always the threat Young will take off with the football. "I think he wants to be a quarterback first," said RB Travis Henry. "But he's just like (Michael) Vick — he's got the ability to run out there and get some big chunks of yards."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was against this at first, cause he's a gazelle, and gazelle's should run, but he looks good throwing the ball too. I have no problem letting him air it out. He sees the field well. He won over the Redskins announcers ( who were flogging him early on ) and did so within a quarter. Granted the Redskins have never had a real qb to look at, but that tells you, at least he's looking better than all those qb's that never did make it. He looks like Montana back there. Now let's get him a weapon.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i like the plan of him passing first in combination with designed run plays...

that way we still get the benefit of the defense having to account for him...

Now, I just want to see more shotgun formations....

right now, Vince has a way better qb rating on 3rd down than 1st and 2nd....that is probably explained by the fact that he has a way better qb rating from the shotgun and we go shotgun on 3rd down mostly...

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yep he does have a better QB rating at shotgun than playing under center. Funny how we were told by the Young Groupies he could play under center as well as in the shotgun..so far he hasn't

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he played the majority of the skins game under center. i think he's becoming more comfortable.

if you look back at qbs who played themajority of their college career in the shotgun they're always more comfortable there. leftwich, mcnair and young all played in a shotgun offense in college and all are better from it.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Blame the receivers if you want to but Vince MUST get his completion percentage up. I'm very high on Vince, please don't misunderstand me, it's just that his completion percentage is garbage. Other than that I'm very pleased with him and his progress thus far and am looking forward to watching his career play out.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm kinda liking his throwing motion too. It's dart like. I hope they don't change it. I think we gotta leave that alone because it has it's advantages. Seriously. The ball hums along.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

plus as my brother pointed out too me, it is so unorthodox that he has VY Only throwing lanes, and NFL DLmen are not used to defending VY Only throwing lanes.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

That's right. The Dlines will be putting their hands up in the air to block his passes. SORRY GUYS that's not where the ball is.

:ha: :ha: :ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Has that even happened? I remember the knock on him was with a low release he would get balls knocked down at the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar