Young Wants Contract Done By Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I am just impressed that Adam has stayed out of prison. I'll be honest, I wanted Cutler. However, VY has shown to be nothing but a class act. I can see huge things from him. We need to make a fair deal so that he is not wondering what he could have got elsewhere, or saving himself for his next contract.

2. jdee

jdee Guest

We can only call em' as we see 'em. Pac had troubles at West Virgina, and in his short time with the Titans, he's had a couple of run ins. Vince's past is crystal clear. I certainly hope Pac works out and it seems like he's putting on a good face now, but to compare the two as of now, VY is a much more solid citizen.

JDee

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

knock on wood

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And when has any first round pick (or any pick for that matter) said that he doesnt want his contract signed by training camp?

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Eli said he wouldn't sign with the Chargers, before they traded him to the Giants. Elway said he wouldn't sign with the Colts, so they traded him to the Broncos. Bo Jackson said he wouldn't sign with the Bucs and he didn't. A year later, the Raiders drafted him.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am talking people who actually want to play with the team who drafted him, not the prima donnas who dont want to play for the ones who drafted them.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And when has any first round pick said they didn't want a fair contract? Fair to them that is.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

probably never. It's just nothing to get all excited about him saying he wants to get in camp.

9. H Man

H Man Guest

That's exactly right, Gunny. But it is inspiring to see a "good attitude" and a good ethic. Right after the draft I saw an interview with VY (NFL Network I believe). When asked about his contract situation and possibility of a holdout, he said, "it will be done by training camp, period." Followed by a leading question about his agent posturing during negotiations to get him more money, indicating he should allow his agent to do this. VY's response was short, simple, and straight to the point. He said, "He works for me. It'll be done on time."

For me, it's nice to see a player take a positive stand, and not hide behind an agent to wrangle a few extra dollars, to the detriment of the team.

10. VY seems good to me as a person, off the field matters are another thing.

I agree with H-Man, its nice to see a person who has the right frame of mind, and says it quite simply and positively

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar