Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He could never find open receivers so getting top dollar receivers would be a waste! It's like Matt Leinart with Fitzgerald and Boldin... it doesn't matter how good the receivers are if the QB can't perform. Why is that ignorant? It is simply the truth!

Or did you think it was ignorant that I stated how VY is the dumbest QB of all time? It is also true. All QBs take tests upon entering the draft... Vince scored the lowest of all time.

Sorry for being a realist. :smile:

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Maybe you should look again. His official score was a 16, which is higher than, amongst others, Dan Marino. And either way, if you know anything about standardized tests then you know that you can't decide whether or not somebody is "dumb" by giving them a multiple choice test. :smile:

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

How is it that a guy who threw for 2500 yds. can't find an open receiver. Oh im sorry 2700 yds. by Kerry is a total step up huh? The only major lack he had was accuracy which is why he threw so many ints. and red td passes. But i guess a QB in his second yr should have amazing numbers by then right?

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Jay MFin' Cutler. And I am saying this as a Vince Young fan too. So that says a lot. We literally had the chance to make good on passing on Jay before, but no, we tied money up with KFC.

By bringing KFC back, bringing KFC back as the starter, speaks volumes about the situation and spells bye bye for Vince. It tells me that Coach Fisher wasn't a VY guy, and last year he more than likely went to Bud and said "You gotta let me sit him".

And when KFC didn't blow those first few games, we rode with Kerry. And now Kerry is the man. It's as clear as day.

Plus Vince is talking like he wants out. He probably feels that he isn't wanted here, and that would be accurate because he isn't wanted here anymore. It sucks to say, but it's just like the Pacman situation. We won without them and we will go on without them. No one is bigger than the team. That's why you gotta love this Coach and this team.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Overall I thought it was a pretty good interview/talk.

I just didn't like the "I can't win" quote. I get the feeling that Vince still blames the media for all the "hoopla" and everything that happened last year and not himself and possibly his mother.

I also don't get the impression that Vince things he needs to really improve either. I mean, I know he thinks he needs to improve, but it doesn't seem like he thinks that he needs to REALLY improve... hopefully that made sense.

Hopefully he sticks with it and works hard and turns the corner and we'll see what happens.

6. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

First of all at the time we re-signed Kerry we would have needed a crystal ball to know that Cutler would end up on the trading block. And secondly, we couldn't have matched the Bears offer. They had higher draft choices, had a quarterback on their roser in Orten the Broncos were interested in. Anyone think Denver wanted Vince?

7. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

He's saying, he "can't win" with the press hoopla so he won't participate, he'll "shut-up" instead. To me, it not really ambiguous.

8. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

You're over analyzing.

9. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

There is not a single valid point in this entire post. If you were "listening" or "reading" you would have seen all those answers in past interviews. The fact you are unaware speaks to your frame of reference not Vince's lack of effort in stating his viewpoints.

10. JimOkc

JimOkc Camp Fodder

Yep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar