Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That is so ignorant, what you just said. So if a player sucks, why wouldn't you try to help him buy giving him receiving weapons to work with? What you said made no sense. It was just an unnecessary insult.:suspect:

2. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I agree that RavensShallBurn's post was pretty ignorant but let's drop the "if only Vince had weapons".

1. Vince took himself out of the game and refused to go back. Until he defends himself or says he didn't, this is fact and absolutely inexcusable.

2. Kerry Collins with those same "weapons" plus Justin McCareins and Crumpler did just fine. So the problem was hardly just that Vince had no one to throw to. The guys Collins went to most were the same guys Vince had. And Vince had every opportunity to win with the new guys but he couldn't cut it.

Vince Young was not a good QB last year and never did anything to prove otherwise. End of story.

Also, "now that Kerry is asking for weapons"? Where is this coming from?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've said that forever. If you are going to draft a QB that is a runner and struggles in passing... AND you surround him with one the worst receiving cores in the game... HOW can anyone expect him to succeed?

KfC did well enough to make us look mediocre. And everyone is amazed with that.

Imagine what we would all think with KfC or VY or whoever with actual receivers to work with.

That's why I hope if we are planning to use a high draft pick on a QB in the future, because Kerry retires and VY is cut, then we need to get quality receivers in NOW. Give the rookie something to work with.

Fortunately signing Nate Washington seems at least a little step in the right direction.

Otherwise drafting first round QBs is pointless, and we should just sign mediocre vet QBs in the future if we are going to soley focus on the running game at the exclusion of a good passing game.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That is the damn truth if I've ever heard it. It tells me that those who jumped on KFC's bandwagon so quickly weren't really fans of VY's to begin with. I like Kerry, he seems like a cool down to earth guy. I just don't think that he had as much to do with our success last year as most will now give him credit for.

We jumped the gun way too early when we re-signed KFC.

5. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

OK, you're going to have to fill us in on the better QB option the Titans had this offseason.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I hate to get into the Vince Young stuff...but here I go again.

1.) He said the day after that he was on the bench trying to get his mind right during a commercial timeout and that he never refused to go back in. So he did defend himself and he did say he didn't.

2.) "Did just fine" - 2700 yards and 12 touchdowns is very mediocre. By comparison, Young had 2500 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2007. Young threw more picks, but that usually happens with young quarterbacks. My point is, Collins perfomance was very mediocre, but it gets exaggerated because he threw less interceptions. Collins didn't do anything special with our sub-par receiving core either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good choice.

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

:barf:

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the never ending VY debates

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I agree, i mean look. Im a big VY fan but and im not the biggest kfc fan, but i like what he did for us last year. Now i don't want to start a "What if VY had weapons" argument and i don't want to talk about his off the field issues. All im saying is the Titans knew what they wanted, when they drafted him. A playmaking QB who could compliment a dominant running game. They drafted lendale and had travis henry. So there is the dominant run game. Then they release all the decent receivers and lose henry. Then when draft day comes you draft another rb instead of getting a wr to keep the passing game efficient? What did they expect Vince to do? Run forever and that a combo of LW and Chris Henry would provide a great run game? He had a bad season because of a un stocked offense along with his sub par arm. Now kerry has a decent year just like vince did in 06' and now everyone is saying definitely draft a wr. Yea people were saying that before but it wasn't as big. But when Kerry says we need a wr now were all contemplating on that move. I just don't understand. If you wanted a all passing QB then why draft a VY. Because all theyve done for him is play him too early. And removed every player we had who was even close to an offensive weapon. CJ was the best thing to happen to vy. But who knows if he will ever get to utilize him? We are now all for kerry i guess.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

If you check titansonline.com. Theres an article on kerry who is leading the Titans caravan and he spoke up and said we need wrs and gave opinions on diff. ones in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar