Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I detect more undertones of victimhood.

I really don't care what he says either way, he's a backup and he can't hurt the team anymore. Looking forward to a fantastic season with Collins at the helm!

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Umm....OK. I think it will work out better if he just quits "dragin' balls" into defenders hands. Or just quits dragin' his balls around sulking so much.

3. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

I find the negativity in this thread saddening. Bring on the Vince jokes, cause you know thats what the cool thing to do is.. :rolleyes:

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:lol: You can't "drag" me down my friend. You should have a "float" on your river, man. :moon2:

Anyway, I think that was Vince's point. He's going to stop draggin' and sulkin' and just work. Am I wrong? :suspect:

Don't think because I made a metaphor using a cartoon that I'm in any way off-base about it's application to the NFL, or that I'm lost in some fantasy-land about Vince. He's outclassed and outmatched. His "can't nobody tell me nothing" he's learning, is having to be completely compromised, which is what he needs.

And while I'm at it, I won't presume you didn't understand the metaphor, either, because I know better. I'll just take it as you were making a funny.

We'll see about Vince, though. I'm done thinking about him until camp. Bring on the draft!

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Victimhood? Eh, maybe. Maybe hard feelings. I still think he's trying to "get to work" so to speak, and leave all the posturing behind. The paycheck comment was off-color, but I stand by what I posted earlier regarding it.

The big thing I take away is more accepting being the #2 and trying to work his way back. That's the part where the actions will speak louder than words. I'm looking foward to a fantastic season will Collins as well.

Vince will just have to create his own opportunities. No crowns handed out to him. That's what he's hopefully realizing.

6. Riverman

Yep- just having fun. We can't take the Vince situation too seriously any more. It's really past words- those that can be said about him and/or for him. We'll see how real he is in TC. It's all good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

to me the paycheck comment shows he doesn't care if he is stitting on the bench as long as he is getting paid

How is he going to act if Ramsey takes over the #2 QB spot which very well could (and I think it will) happen. His fragile ego will really collaspe then. No telling how many cops will be out looking for him when that happens :yes:

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This thread is prime proof of what Young was talking about: no matter what he says in public it will be considered negative, it truly is a battle he can't win.

And for what it's worth, Young is still a Titan and I find it weird that people on this board go out of their way to point out how he sucks and how bad he is, instead of just hoping that he will improve just like you hope all the other Titan players will improve.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

It's just talk at this point. Chris Henry or Paul Williams could come out and say the same thing. Until I see something I will continue to care and concern my time with the guys that will be on (and want to stay on) the field.

10. Riverman

That is such :bsflag:. Vince could EASILY turn the PR tide by simply addressing the situation directly.

1. Either confirm or deny himself whether he refused to go back into the game and elaborate why.
    2. Address the mystery cloud of "wanting to retire" after year one as was reported in SI.
    3. Address his poor field performance in year 2 (and 3) and the TC's and what he is now doing differently to rectify that performance.
    4. Re-affirm his commitment to being the franchise QB we expected him to be when we drafted him #3 overall and leading his team mates by example with hard work, dedication and sacrifice.

We haven't heard ANY thing like that. What we hear instead is "I'm going to shut up and be ready if I get my chance.......I'm going to get my check......blah blah blah." The guy doesn't deliver what is important to feed the fans through the media because either he refuses to, or more likely, has no true insight to why is where is he right now. He told his coach (and thus his team mates) he couldn't cut it and wanted out of the game. Until he DIRECTLY addresses the points above- no coach, team mate or fan is going to take what he says seriously.

He created the problem and only he can fix it. He hasn't been any kind of victim in this scenario.

“I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can’t win any more, I see.

“I am just going to shut my mouth and play my role and if they need me then I will be available as a weapon

Classic defeatist passive rhetoric. This is why his azz was benched.

And don't even get me started on his return trip to Austin this time last year under the ruse of "pursuing his degree". Hell-that should be the #5 point he should directly address with fans also.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar